Should I buy this need to know ASAP?

GoldenMotor.com

2strokebke

May 17, 2013
Richmond,Va
Hello, A few weeks ago my chain idler went into my spokes a good thing i was only about to take off, But i have a 36 tooth sprocket and need another chain idler, Umm would this work on a 10speed bike i contact the seller and he reply saying

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321215307659?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Hello,
Sorry to hear about the wheel. Sometimes the rear triangle of a 10 speed can be different then the triangle of a cruiser type bike but it shouldnt matter. The tensioner will mount either in the inside or outside of the diagonal tube coming down from near the seat tube to near the hub. Hope that makes sense. And yes the wheel and bearing along with the shoulder bolt that goes through the wheel/ bearing combo. These parts are designed to fit the demensions on my brackets. And yes the bracket comes with four bolts with nylon locking nuts. Safety First!!
Hope this answers your question,
Kristopher

- k.anderson28

If you guys said yes get it would i have to take a link or 2 out? thanks for the help.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I agree. Should fit almost any bike and looks like a good design.
I tack weld the stock tensioner for security, but this style works just as well and looks good too.
No reason not to buy it if you like it.

2strokebke

May 17, 2013
Richmond,Va
I agree. Should fit almost any bike and looks like a good design.
I tack weld the stock tensioner for security, but this style works just as well and looks good too.
No reason not to buy it if you like it.
Okay thanks, I also would like too see what other people say but thanks 1/2.

FurryOnTheInside

Sep 30, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Ooh nice find zippin'! :) That turbobuick's tensioner does look like the proper solution! Would be even smoother with an asymmetrical BMX chain (one that's flatter on the outside, not reversible) :) The other one, you could make it yourself with tin snips and a drill and it'd be okay as a home fix.. def not worth buying though I reckon, w/ that turbobuick one being virtually same price.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I'm not a fan of spring loaded tensioners but turbobuick makes a very nice part.
If I were to run a spring tensioner, it would be one of his.
That said, I like the rigid style better since there is no extra slack in the top chain run when starting.
If you DO use a spring style, be sure to keep slack to the absolute minimum!
The more the spring moves, the more slack in the chain when starting or decellerating.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm not a fan of spring loaded tensioners but turbobuick makes a very nice part.
If I were to run a spring tensioner, it would be one of his.
That said, I like the rigid style better since there is no extra slack in the top chain run when starting.
If you DO use a spring style, be sure to keep slack to the absolute minimum!
The more the spring moves, the more slack in the chain when starting or decellerating.
Ditto:
Springs will allow slack. You don't want slack. Adjust so the minimum position will still keep the chain no more than the recommended 1/2 to 3/4" of slack. More than that and you're asking for trouble.

Tom