Shorter shake down trip !

GoldenMotor.com

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
Iam planning a motorized bicycle trip up to 1200 miles-- to Fort St.James and back--but on a shake down trip i and my friend got soaked going over the Richter pass from Osoyoos B.C.20kms south of "our" motel.. We drove wet then almost time to camp we stopped in Hedley a real wild west town!! Hedley British Columbia it has a high altitude townside hanging off a cliff edge. I met a lady there who with her husband are owners of the local restaurant. She took all our wet clothes and put them in her drier and gave us 2 cups of coffee. We then camped out at a wilderness type campsite--we were the only ones there--then on to Princeton B.C.
Unfortunately my friends Chinese engine broke down (mine is a Subaru-Robin 35cc). i did all i could but he needed parts. So we parted and he pedaled 16kms then hitchiked and pedalled about 30 miles total back to Oliver
I learned that im buying 2 front pannier racks to better balance the the bike and on gravel roads a trailer is somewhat of a hazard--i have a 1 wheel Bob trailer-so im also getting a back rack--for 1 pannier for mountain gravel roads

Attachments

Last edited: