shop dogs flag day rally monroe wisconsin

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Please join the SHOP DOGS on june 12-13 2010 for club rally in monroe wisconsin. baring bad weather we will be riding the multi use trail from monroe to mineral point (aprox 50 mls) runing north on sat @ aprox 10:00 am and south on sun @aprox 11:00 am . please make camping res. for your party early if you plan on riding both days (there are a few campgrounds in the area)the trail is open till 1 a.m. and it's light till aprox 9 p.m.
those only riding sat. there will be a shuttle van (for bodys not bikes) returning to monroe after the ride.
the trail has a couple of web sites (tricountytrails.com) and seems realy cool as it's open to all kinds of vec. that said there may be hords of drunkin locals in golf carts??? .
in the event of foul weather there is a road corse planed for the intrepid.
it's a dogs rally so, there is a good brewery at both ends of the trail and a great little wis. town for lunch halfway.
the following mon is flag day so please fly the flag (respectfully) during the rally.usflg
pm the prussian for any other details you need
i will be riding the trail in may and will post pics. and updates asap

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
were there! Shop dogs. were ready to ride, but starting at 10 am huh? that means I got to be on the road at 5am, with no problems. I 'll see what we can do.

kev1n

Sep 25, 2009
wisconsin
i hope i can make it. what were the trail conditions when you rode there? is it mostly flat gravel trails (large or small gravel)? wondering what bike i need to bring.
thanks kevin

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
The trail is crushed limestone rails to trail conversion. It is open to atvs and other vec. And a trail pass is up to $15 .we will be camping near the WI/IL border on county KK (backyard campground). So meet up and ride with on sat or sun. Cell may not work up there but you can try me @ 847-322-1318 hope some guys come out.
Jim b.

kev1n

Sep 25, 2009
wisconsin
well, sorry i missed you guys(10:00 a.m. monroe stageing area)i was there till abouy 11:00. i had a great time though. those trails are real nice. they can get a little rough at times. there's alot to see along the trail. i rode saturday in the heat and sunday in the rain. i brought friends and a bunch of toys.my mb wasn't running the best.the bmx bike is scary fast(40mph), with tons of low end torque. i fried the clutch on my honda sunday.i'm only 1 1/2 hours away from monroe. i'm gonna get out there often.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
sorry we missed you! with the weather like it was that day, I decided to go to the campground first then ride the trail! I drove 4 1/2 hrs from Decatur Il to make it there! nice trails! I will post pics when I upload them soon.

kev1n

Sep 25, 2009
wisconsin
maybe we can hook up next time guys. those trails are great. the people and watering holes are just as nice. i'm going to work on beefing up the shocks on my mb, and get heavy duty tubes. when i get back up there, i'm going to try camping in darlington. the locals told me the trails from there to mineral point were the best. i never made it past darlington from monroe. cvlt1