Shipping a China girl bike

GoldenMotor.com

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
I shipped the little 20 inch build in my profile picture from Washington state to Arizona using FedEx.
I used one of their bicycle boxes to make things easier.
First thing to know is they will treat the package very badly. I packed it using everything I could think of to keep it safe. I put a 1/4 inch piec of plywood in the bottom and fastened it to that using woods blocks screwed and held in using really big cable ties. Then glued 1X2’s in places to support the bike. Basically it made it but only barely. The cardboard box was basically a mess. I will take some pictures of the mess later. The lesson is if you are going to ship one of these don’t rely on the box for most anything.

Reactions: zean

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Based on the condition of some of the packages we receive all of the shipping companies do the same thing, they’re in such a hurry to get packages out of their hands they throw them around like a football.

Reactions: zean

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
Why not build a crate or reuse a box that says: 70 inch big screen television on the outside.
Probably would work. You really need sort of a frame around the bike inside the box. FedEx weight limit is 75 pounds mine was 65.
B1B6F83A-CFB4-4DAC-9C38-5F4E4C042F4F.jpeg