Screw Your Engine Kit now available

GoldenMotor.com

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
New BikeBobber Screw Your Engine Kit is now available for 49cc and 66cc china girls. Replace those inferior stock 6mm studs and screws with high grade socket head cap screws for your entire engine. Available in polished stainless steel and black anodized carbon steel. Check out BikeBobber.com for more details and more cool stuff.

http://www.bikebobber.com

Attachments

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
I have a suggestion. If you could make a superior gasket set for these engines for a reasonable price, I'm willing to bet you would have a lot of takers. The mag cover gasket is especially inferior, and I know a lot of people have gotten blown mags from riding in the rain. What good is an engine if you can't ride it in the rain?

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
I agree with you about the cheap gasket's that come with the standard kits. I make new gaskets for my personal bikes, unfortunately it is time consuming to do it by hand and very difficult to maintain quality. I can make die's to cut gasket's, but it's very expensive and I don't have a break press (again expensive) to slap out the gasket's.
Definitely food for thought though...

We don't get much rain here in S. Nevada, but we do have very fine sand that gets into everything all the time. The first time I removed my mag cove it had about a tablespoon of sand in it. I was cleaning my air filter every 3 or 4 days. Than one day I noticed the fine layer of dust (sand) that was covering everything in my garage so now I put a plastic baggy over my air filter when ever I park my bike and my filter stays clean for weeks!

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
I have a large displacement 4 stroke, and I'm running a 19mm carb with a k&n cotton fiber mesh filter, so I oil it and I also run a foam pre-filter, so that keeps my air filter pretty clean, but I get what you're saying. Covering it with plastic is a good idea. For the gaskets, I just thought maybe you could make molds for rubber/silicone gaskets? Some sort of moldable material that's heat and fuel proof? I don't know, just an idea. Even though I no longer run the two strokes, I might consider running one again on a backup bike if there were a pre-made gasket that would guarantee the mag compartment stayed waterproof. And I'm sure other people would buy them as well.

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
I have a large displacement 4 stroke, and I'm running a 19mm carb with a k&n cotton fiber mesh filter, so I oil it and I also run a foam pre-filter, so that keeps my air filter pretty clean, but I get what you're saying. Covering it with plastic is a good idea. For the gaskets, I just thought maybe you could make molds for rubber/silicone gaskets? Some sort of moldable material that's heat and fuel proof? I don't know, just an idea. Even though I no longer run the two strokes, I might consider running one again on a backup bike if there were a pre-made gasket that would guarantee the mag compartment stayed waterproof. And I'm sure other people would buy them as well.
Yes that is a good idea. About 50K to make the injection mold that would make 3 or 4 gasket's at once (commonly known as a hard tool). Another 100K for an injection mold machine. Another 20K or so for ventilation and misc. expenses. Tool & Die is a very expensive business. It is based on volume of sales. Would it be cost effective for me to spend close to 200K to sell a few thousand or even 10,000 .50 cent gasket's? No. Just as well because I don't have a $170,000 anyway.

I cut my own gasket's out of standard gasket material. I buy it at any local auto parts store. Simply lay your dirty oily side cover on the gasket material. Apply a little pressure to make an impression on the material and carefully cut it out.

Now as I wright this my mind is churning this idea around. I'm sure that with just a little effort I could find a suitable water proof gasket material. I can make a simple pressure die that I can bang with a hammer or put in a simple bearing press or arbor press. A small bench top hydraulic press would work to.
Oh geese this is all I need now... another project.lol

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
Hey, if you can find a way to make them that's cheap and easy, it's great even if you don't sell a whole lot, but you probably would if they were reasonably priced. I'd probably pay $5 or $7 for just the mag cover gasket, probably 25 or 30 for the whole set, every gasket for the engine besides the case gasket, because those actually are waterproof. And I guess we don't need a better exhaust gasket either. Well, I guess the mag cover and both clutch covers would be sufficient, and I would say those would be worth 20 to 25 as a set. Just ballparking it. But I would definitely buy them.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
I've used flex seal on the magneto itself and around the cover... I stopped worrying about rain. That stuff is awesome. But use the clear stuff... The tinted kind won't work directly on the mag. Or plastidip.

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
I just use standard gasket material from my local auto parts store on all the side covers. I soaked the engine with the garden hose for a while and than removed the covers. There was no water in the mag or clutch. I think anything is better than the stock paper gasket's.