Scored a mid '30's Elgin frame!

GoldenMotor.com

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Craigslist find! $30! Has the skip tooth sprocket and crank, but that's about it. I think I'll go ahead and modernize it and not worry about a restoration since it's a frame-only find. Really excited about the potential it has. There's some surface rust, but over not too bad. I'll start a progress thread as soon as I tear into 'er!

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I love it......and $30???? ........I wish we had bikes like that available in Australia, at that price. Its a beauty and i cant wait to see more. Keep the pics coming. I really like these frames

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Yup. Pretty stoked when I stumbled across the listing. The plans are to keep it looking old with modern upgrades and lightweight components. Only other type of builds I can think of in a similar style would be some of the Imperial builds. Love the aesthetic they pull off! Top notch! All of my father and I's street rod builds follow the same pattern. Classic with a twist!

Latest build. 1949 Studebaker C cab:

1933 Ford Coupe:

1955 Chevy 210 Post:

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I want that Studebaker. That is beautiful, ive never seen one. Have you still got it? How good would it look with some MB in the back? Or is it a little too nice to put bikes in the back?............ Nice cars

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Ha! We just finished it. Not too many of them around. Especially in this style! I took it out to a crusie-in last weekend with my Dad driving the '33. The Stude pulled quite the crowd!

I plan on building the Elgin to be a perfect fit with it! Would be great for large car shows we attend to be able to roll out the "boardie" to cruise around the show on!

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
That would be cool. Dont wanna hijack your thread... I like all your cars but id love to see more pics of the Studebaker. Thats really nice. And im not usually a pickup/truck sorta guy, but that is really nice. I love the lines and it looks like you have done a beautiful job. Whats in it?

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
No worries! We're all motor heads of some sort here!

Here's some of the specs:
Chevy Stealth Grey Metallic paint
355 small black chevy
Holley 670cc Street Avenger 4 barrel
BeCool radiator
"Ram Horn" manifolds
Front clip from full size Chevy auto with custom front a-arms (Not sure exact model...long story)
10 bolt posi rearend with 3.73's
Muncie 4 speed
Coys C-5 18x7 front/20x8.5 rear
C notched rear frame with humped bed for clearance
Custom flowmaster 40 duals to twin tips in the back.
Custom tails fabbed with '69 Camaro housing and lens.
Shaved and smoothed everywhere!
Custom front bumper fabbed from a late model Chevy truck
Full leather Interior by Brian Bohde
...and a lot of other little bells and whistles ;)

In progress pics with more "true to life" color instead of iphone app pics:

Next up is this bike and a S10 LS1 build for me! Stay tuned!

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I cant wait to see what you come up with for your bike. You obviously have amazing fab and design skills. Ill be interested to see how you fit the v8 in this bike....lol. Any plans? What motor?