Schwinn Spoiler (Start-Finish)

GoldenMotor.com

LouBuilt

Mar 1, 2009
Maine
Hello Folks. I have entered a few threads into your site and let me say that this site is a GREAT information gathering tool in the building of these MB's.
A good combination of Positive and Negative input that can be utilized to keep us builders from pulling our hair out, at times.
I purchased this Schwinn Spoiler from a local store outlet's back room, it was used as a display at one time and then got stuffed into the storage room for god knows how long. Perfect timing and 70 bucks later, I was loading it in the back of my pickup.
It has been a great winter project, and I have you folks to thank for the finished results, of everything comming together. Keep up the great work and ride safe. Loubuilt.trk

Attachments

tredye

Feb 1, 2011
norfolk va
Hello Folks. I have entered a few threads into your site and let me say that this site is a GREAT information gathering tool in the building of these MB's.
A good combination of Positive and Negative input that can be utilized to keep us builders from pulling our hair out, at times.
I purchased this Schwinn Spoiler from a local store outlet's back room, it was used as a display at one time and then got stuffed into the storage room for god knows how long. Perfect timing and 70 bucks later, I was loading it in the back of my pickup.
It has been a great winter project, and I have you folks to thank for the finished results, of everything comming together. Keep up the great work and ride safe. Loubuilt.trk
were did you get the chain guard!

tredye

Feb 1, 2011
norfolk va
can you tell me how to mount the rear sprocket on the spoiler the hub is to big for the bolts to clear , do you line up the srocket with the holes from were the brake disc mounts and drill the sproket

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I really like the look of the spoiler you built! Bobber tank? I like the diamondplate chain guard too! Great build

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
can you tell me how to mount the rear sprocket on the spoiler the hub is to big for the bolts to clear , do you line up the srocket with the holes from were the brake disc mounts and drill the sproket
are you using a kit supplied rag joint? or an adapter made for that type of hub specifically?

if you're using the rag joint you can go to home depot and get longer bolts they're fine thread 6mm bolts on the grubee kit i had, probably something similar with other suppliers or the same thing. thats what i did before i got my adapter, my worksman wheels spokes were simply to big for the kit supplied bolts