SBP Shift Kit

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Yeah, I'm shopping for parts for my twin-engined project. I already have a stack of 11-34t. 8-speed cassettes. Shopping for shifters now.

Rusty_S85

May 4, 2017
Houston
Yeah, I'm shopping for parts for my twin-engined project. I already have a stack of 11-34t. 8-speed cassettes. Shopping for shifters now.
I haven't got any parts yet but I like to make sure I have an idea what I am going for so I can pick out parts first that way if there is any conflicts I can make changes.

Right now I believe I read the Grubee frame can accept up to a 2.5" tire with the 150mm frame. I also want to say the Sunlite springer fork is supposed to take a 2.5" tire as well. But the tires I picked out are 2" to 2.125" to be safe.

As far as the shifter goes, I really like the SRAM brand lever shifters. Ive seen a few videos of them and I think they would be a better shifter for use on a motorized bike as you have a down shift and up shift lever that you just press with your thumb.

Rusty_S85

May 4, 2017
Houston
Well little update. Ive been having a hard time finding reasonably priced wheels that are 150mm drop out that have a vintage look to them. It looks like I will be figuring out what parts I need to build my own wheels but I will be having a local bike shop do it for me if they can. Thing is though it looks like I am going with a Grubee 61mm HD hub as the basis of this build and will just go with a single speed build on this first bike. I think the things ive learned thus far will help with a second build which I think I will do a vintage retro racer build of a Indian bike and I will do that one as a multi speed. I will also go with a 135mm frame on that one. This one I will just do as a single speed. Think I would shoot for buying the 34t, 44t, and 48t sprockets available for this hub mount design and then just try the 48T first then swap till I find something I like.

In any case I want to thank again those that have helped me on this endeavor as I am new to bicycle building and learning this as I go. Sure I could have done reading on this but for me I never been good at locating information for things like this. Ive always done better just jumping in and finding my own way and coming up with solutions to my problems. So considering the cost of these frames I think I will go single speed for my first build but all my math I did on here and decisions will be used on my second build.

I guess its also smart of me to go with a single build for my first build as it is simpler.