San Diego's 2nd Group Ride

GoldenMotor.com

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
usflgBadbooh, thanks for uploading some pictures. I tried and gave up last night.

Here's a quick question, where do I get a back up set of clutch springs for the 4 cycle Gurbee 49cc 142F? After the 47 mile ride, one of the springs was laying in the bottom of the clutch assembly; I bent the end back and hooked everything back up and it ran OK. But I'd like to replace the springs to give me more peace of mind. usflg

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
usflgBadbooh, thanks for uploading some pictures. I tried and gave up last night.

Here's a quick question, where do I get a back up set of clutch springs for the 4 cycle Gurbee 49cc 142F? After the 47 mile ride, one of the springs was laying in the bottom of the clutch assembly; I bent the end back and hooked everything back up and it ran OK. But I'd like to replace the springs to give me more peace of mind. usflg
Hey Tony, go here for some springs for your clutch (I thought that's what happend), cheer's.......scotto-

ENGINE_KIT_PARTS_PAGE_5

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Was a MOST excellent ride. GREAT group of guys. Aside from the breakdowns on the way back I think the only problem was the Douch_-Bag on the motorcycle who complained to the Meter Maid that we were parked in the Motorcycles and Scooters spaces while we stopped for lunch in Mission Beach.

While she pulled out her device to look up the codes to see if we were in violation we all just got on our bikes and drove away!

parking.jpg

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Scotto, thanks for the tip; new springs ordered! I'm looking at a Max-Torque six shoe clutch and will post the results. dance1 - - Tony

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Let me try this again.....don't ask why. Here are some more pics of our ride, much of the same.

After we left Fiesta Island.... Pat, Mario and myself continued our adventure, riding fast and furious thru Bay Park, Old Town, up thr Presidio, North Park, Hillcrest and ended up doing 50miles all told. We finally got back to Mario's truck in Balboa Park at about 7:30pm. What a blast. It was great riding with all of you, a great bunch of guy's to ride with.....the magnificant 7!

Left to Right are Pat H., Maxvision (Scott), BADBOOH (Keith), Tony Meier and Baldemar.

Not pictured in any of the pics are Mario M. and scotto- (me), cause we're taking the pics

Let's get the next ride together soon......cheers, scotto-

Last edited:

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Next time im bringing more fuel in some drink bottles. I broke one motor stud, but what killed me was trying to mix oil and fuel in the tank on fiesta island. It did not mix, my carb got only oil. Cleaned it out today, runs fine. Now just got to replace the broken stud. And fix my other exhaust, then my 2-stroke will go the distance. Gonna start working on a new route today. Let you all know soon. Till we ride again....

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Some stats on the 7 bikes ridden:

3 = 2-strokes, 4 = 4-strokes

3 = aluminum frames, 4 = steel frames

1 = diamond frame, 1 = stretch frame and 5 = cruiser frames

1 = telescopic sus. fork, 2 = springer forks and 4 =
rigid forks

1 = front hub brake, 3 = front disc brakes, 2 = front caliper brakes
and 2 = front V-brakes. Mine uses 2 brakes up-front.

1 = rear disc brake, 1 = rear band brake, 1 = rear
caliper brake, 2 = rear V-brakes and 2 = coaster
brakes.

1 = ape hanger, 1 = straight bar and 5 = cruiser bars

1 = shift-kit tranny, 2 = direct drive HT tranny's and 4 = 4G T-belt
tranny's

Some strange configurations of all of the above.

No expansion chambers or straight pipes ?

Some very individual, interesting builds...cheers!

brnot

Last edited:

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Scotto-
Thanks for the fuel line. I've since picked up a NAPA GOLD fuel filter ($3.69) and 4 clamps ($0.39 ea) and install them. I've attached a photo (hopefully) so that the resultant installation can be viewed! LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT RIDE (adventure!)!! dance1
Tony

Attachments

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Scotto-
Thanks for the fuel line. I've since picked up a NAPA GOLD fuel filter ($3.69) and 4 clamps ($0.39 ea) and install them. I've attached a photo (hopefully) so that the resultant installation can be viewed! LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT RIDE (adventure!)!! dance1
Tony
The question is my friend....did you take the petcock off of the gas tank and clean that (what seemed to be clogged) filter? I'm hoping you did, if not....do it. Let's ridednut

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Scotto, great suggestion! I took off the petcock, looked at the clogged filter and replaced the petcock. I figure, with the NAPA Gold in-line filter, I could do without the skimpy one inside the fuel tank. dance1

BTW, I clicked on the "Quote message in reply" box and no checkmark showed up?!