San Diego Stretch Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Hello from San Diego and a hearty thanks to all who have shared ideas and pictures here. I have built a number of custom motorcycles in the past, with one of them receiving a feature page in Iron Horse magazine. This is my first motorized bike build and you have all been a great inspiration.

In tribute, I have posted a picture of the finished build. And for those who might be having problems with chain rub on their stretch cruiser frame and clearance over the pedal chain guard, I have also attached a pic of the chain pully assembly.

beachshot1.jpg Rollers.jpg

Last edited:

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Yes, stretched the tank. Used insulating foam, shaved it down to get the shape, then fiberglassed over the foam. Probably should have taken some pictures of the process.

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
!HOW! Crazy Horse here on the east coast of good ole USA in Rockville, Maryland. Just a few miles north of our Nations Capital Washington, D.C.

Maxvision, this forum never ceases to amaze me with the amount of talent it's members present, they're designs & modifications show a never ending supply of good ole American ingenuity, & you my friend have demonstrated your talents with this absolutely awe inspiring stretch cruiser build, you are an Artist & Inspiration in the stretch cruiser style builds.

Could you please get some close up pic's of your stretch cruiser's roller's front to rear, rear to front, left side view as many as possible.

Also, would you please post some close up pic's of your motor mounts.

I'm really interested in using your roller design for my stretch cruiser builds, your design from what I have seen in the one pic you posted all but voids any chain rub against the frame.

Please post more pic's of your build here in our forums pic's & video's threads, or maybe in mounting techniques.

BTW, don't just stop with this build start another if you haven't already!

Here's a couple pic's of current or ongoing builds of my RedB66, inspired stretch cruiser's, with the RedB66's (Forum Member Moderator), designed motor mounts for stretch cruisers, which can be modified for most other bike frame types small or large tube.

Peace Crazy Horse has spoken the Truth!

Attachments

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Could you please get some close up pic's of your stretch cruiser's roller's front to rear, rear to front, left side view as many as possible.

Also, would you please post some close up pic's of your motor mounts.
OK Crazy Horse, took some shots for your viewing enjoyment =)

rollerstopfront.jpg rollersfrontlow.jpg rollerdiagram.jpg motormountback.jpg motormounts.jpg

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome beebee to the forum.....

Sorry about that, you will need to make a few post and become a active member before you post any links or pics. We do this to help fight spam.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Max,

I'm very interested in how you mounted the SBP-Shift Kit on your Stretch Cruiser.

Would you please share some closeup pic's of your stretch cruiser's shift kit, and let us know what if any modifications you did or did not have to make, for your shift kit to work on your Stretch Cruiser.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=16883
Your post on upgrading your stretch cruiser to disc brakes, just shows your ingenuity & talent I'm amazed this build keeps evolving for the better!

"Quote Maxvision: What a difference the disc brakes make. Hardly have to pull at all on my dual brake lever and stopping is FAST and easy. The bike HAULS A$$ with the shift kit and am always on the lookout for the po-po. Used to call my bike the "Death Cycle" cause it was so hard to stop, now I just call it my "Red Rider". End Quote"

This is only information I could find on your Stretch Cruiser with SBP-Shift Kit.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=14501

Peace Crazy Horse.

Gotta luv them Custom Stretch cruiser's!!!!

P.S. More closeup pic's of your SBP-Shift Kit Max Please!!!

Last edited:

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Max,

I'm very interested in how you mounted the SBP-Shift Kit on your Stretch Cruiser.

Would you please share some closeup pic's of your stretch cruiser's shift kit, and let us know what if any modifications you did or did not have to make, for your shift kit to work on your Stretch Cruiser..
OK Crazy Horse, here's the best pics I can get for you on the shift kit. I built my rear motor mount and welded it to the frame. Instead of holes to bolt the engine on, I made slots so I can adjust the engine up or down to tension the shift kit chain. You can't see the slots because the chain adjusting bracket covers them up. Then I just attached the threaded rod for shift kit chain adjusting to my rear motor mount.

shiftkittop.jpg shiftkitbottom.jpg

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
OK Crazy Horse, here's the best pics I can get for you on the shift kit. I built my rear motor mount and welded it to the frame. Instead of holes to bolt the engine on, I made slots so I can adjust the engine up or down to tension the shift kit chain. You can't see the slots because the chain adjusting bracket covers them up. Then I just attached the threaded rod for shift kit chain adjusting to my rear motor mount.

View attachment 23506 View attachment 23507
Thanks Maxvision, for sharing your idea! Stretch Cruiser ( Sick Bike Parts Shift Kit ) modification for use on Stretch Cruiser builds.

Crazy Horse.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Maxvision, a fellow member was asking about adding a rear disc brake to his Stretch Cruiser so I thought I'd bump your thread so the member could see this thread!

C.H.