RT carb on a ghx50

GoldenMotor.com

thx11382000

Nov 16, 2014
earth
Recently purchased the RT carb from Thatsdax, only to find out that I misread the description and it mounts differently than my original.
Well, having a small machine shop in my garage i went to work and came up with an adapter that allows one to mount a RT carb on a ghx50,
I would imagine it would work on the titan too.
It worked great and breathed new life into this engine.
Reason for my post.
Anyone have an email address for thatsdax?
I would like to contact him about perhaps distributing this adapter on his site.

Last edited:

djsiyre1

Nov 17, 2014
Orange County
How did you get the RT carb to work? I bought the intake from Venice Motor Bikes and I tried using an RT carb. I jetted the carb with a #84 jet. Throttle response from a stop was amazing!!! but as soon as I reached top speed, it would start to backfire and sputter. I have two RT's sitting around. I tried using both and both gave me the same results. I then grabbed a brand new NT carb I had from a 2 stroke build I did, and jetted to a #78 jet and now runs like a champ. But I do love the throttle response from a 15mm carb. I have an Amal 15mm carb from Treats which I want to try. Can you please tell me what jet size you're running on your RT carb? I'm curious to know. I have an NGK iridium plug, AGK race pipe and NT carb with intake.

thx11382000

Nov 16, 2014
earth
Running the jet it came with.
Didn't even try any of the others that came with it.....

So there's no real market for this, bummer.
Looking for work for my shop.....

djsiyre1

Nov 17, 2014
Orange County
What kind of filter do you have on the carb? I have a mesh filter which it may not like so much free flow of air. I'm beginning to see these engines like a bit of restriction on the intake side

djsiyre1

Nov 17, 2014
Orange County
Well maybe your shop can work on a lighter flywheel. Reduce some rotational mass. No one makes a lighter flywheel for these engines or valve springs that can withstand higher rpm's that would be something to work on. There's a lot of room for improvement with these engines.

dirtwarrior

Aug 29, 2014
kentucky
How did you get the RT carb to work? I bought the intake from Venice Motor Bikes and I tried using an RT carb. I jetted the carb with a #84 jet. Throttle response from a stop was amazing!!! but as soon as I reached top speed, it would start to backfire and sputter. I have two RT's sitting around. I tried using both and both gave me the same results. I then grabbed a brand new NT carb I had from a 2 stroke build I did, and jetted to a #78 jet and now runs like a champ. But I do love the throttle response from a 15mm carb. I have an Amal 15mm carb from Treats which I want to try. Can you please tell me what jet size you're running on your RT carb? I'm curious to know. I have an NGK iridium plug, AGK race pipe and NT carb with intake.
a 15 mm nt jetted to 78

thx11382000

Nov 16, 2014
earth
Well,
I either have or have access to equipment to machine just about anything.
What i can't do is i.d./o.d. grind, balance or heat treat, which kind of takes springs and flywheels off the table.