Riding my Stealth Bomber

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
According to the calculator I found with yahoo, 4500 watts = 6.032 horsepower.
750 watts = 1.005 horsepower.
It is sad that my electric leaf blower has more horsepower than a U.S. legal motorized bicycle.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Mate think your self lucky ,our legal limit is 200W electric only!
I herd a rumor they were thinking of lifting it to 250W?
Hence motorized bicycles havn't caught on real well here.
I only use mine occasionally, and don't go far, Enjoy building them though.
I've got a bit carried away, and have other things I should be doing with my time,

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Whacking the throttle at low speeds I've seen it get up around 5000w, but as the speed builds it quickly drops down to around 4300-4400w.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
According to the calculator I found with yahoo, 4500 watts = 6.032 horsepower.
750 watts = 1.005 horsepower.
It is sad that my electric leaf blower has more horsepower than a U.S. legal motorized bicycle.
Almost impossible to enforce.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Does your cycle analyst limit battery amps?
Would be cool if we could meet up and play around with our bikes.
I believe yes. The Stealth factory sets the CA to 60 amp. I've seen it get up to almost 65 amps momentarily.

snellemin

Feb 4, 2014
Spring TX
Bump it up to 80A and see if the bike behaves differently.

btw, are you able to reprogram the controller itself through a pc?

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Bump it up to 80A and see if the bike behaves differently.

btw, are you able to reprogram the controller itself through a pc?
I think to do that you have to get into it and solder some connections. It's supposed to be easy to do, but I don't think I'll be doing it anytime soon.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Sounds as though you have plenty of power already, plus the advantage of instant torque.
Besides, be nice to your Batteries!
Yes, to tell you the truth I don't see myself ever wanting for more power out of this bike.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I got to go on a short, but fun ride today. Only about 10 miles. I had to run a couple of nearby errands, and since I knew I had power to spare I was able to blast with no concern about range. Just rode along with traffic most of the way. A couple of times I was in the middle lane at a light, and when the light turned green a jerk would honk because he thought I was going to hold up traffic. It's so much fun to gas it and watch them getting littler, and littler in my rear view mirror, if I had a rear view mirror lol.

It took about an hour and 15 minutes to charge back up.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
They are so perfect for a (run to the shops).
My nearest shop is 10 Km each way.
But still a decent battery bank would probably give you that sort of range I suppose?
Still I don't think I would be happy with an Ebike unless I new I cold do at least a 30 Km round trip at over 60 Kph for less than $1K.
But I live in the 'bush' as we Aussies say.
In town electric is defiantly the go.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Still I don't think I would be happy with an Ebike unless I new I cold do at least a 30 Km round trip at over 60 Kph for less than $1K.
But I live in the 'bush' as we Aussies say.
In town electric is defiantly the go.

60kph/37.2mph for 30km/18.6mi?

Even a basic 1000w hub motor w/a 15ah LiFePO4 pack will do just about exactly that, it's becoming one of the more common commuter setups - mine's a little slower but goes a bit farther (30mph/48.2kph for 30mi/48.2km), and for less then a grand :)

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Just my opinion, but it's kinda like putting a white vinyl landau top on a Ferrari........

Now a black tire with a thin red stripe would be the shiznat!!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Just my opinion, but it's kinda like putting a white vinyl landau top on a Ferrari........

Now a black tire with a thin red stripe would be the shiznat!!
All I'll say about it at this time is, it was free in my garage, and it's the right size for the rim.

I already roached the first tire at 500 miles. Pushing it 2 miles down the sidewalk on a flat the day before yesterday finished the poor thing off. I'm not happy with my great, super low profile tires on this bike. The rim is just too narrow for them. It ends up giving them a weird egg shape that doesn't grip very well. These Thick Bricks with their tall sidewalls don't have that problem.

Considering how fast this bike goes through tires, they won't be on it very long. Thick Bricks do come in black though. These white ones were the tires that came on my Felt Deep 6.