Ride without a killswitch?

GoldenMotor.com

Test123

Aug 6, 2022
I saw a vid on youtube where the guy said he rides without one. The video wasn't on riding without one, so he didn't cover it much in the vid. Where would be the best place to disconnect it, if you want to keep it on the bike anyways? What are the benefits? Problems? All I know is you turn the choke up as the makeshift killswitch.

Reactions: Mossy

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I saw a vid on youtube where the guy said he rides without one. The video wasn't on riding without one, so he didn't cover it much in the vid. Where would be the best place to disconnect it, if you want to keep it on the bike anyways? What are the benefits? Problems? All I know is you turn the choke up as the makeshift killswitch.
Kill switches can be mounted on the handlebar.

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Your questions are kinda silly are you a TROLL

Think about it, maybe disconnect the kill switch wires to disconnect it
Benefits- Kill the engine easily with the flip of a switch
Problems - Thinking choking the engine is a better way to kill the engine
when ya got a kill switch your not using

The only reason I can see for disconnecting the kill switch is if it's faulty and preventing your engine from running

Last edited:

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Not having a kill switch will save the CDI from dead shorting and get more life out of it on a china rag... Useing an on /off swich that disconnect rather than short the blue wire is the best of both worlds... Rewire everything to 16ga

Mossy

May 20, 2022
The only reason I can see for disconnecting the kill switch is if it's faulty and preventing your engine from running
Because a whizzer has a proper electrical system and the parts are just made better...

Test123

Aug 6, 2022
Your questions are kinda silly are you a TROLL

Think about it, maybe disconnect the kill switch wires to disconnect it
Benefits- Kill the engine easily with the flip of a switch
Problems - Thinking choking the engine is a better way to kill the engine
when ya got a kill switch your not using

Calls my questions silly, accuses me of being a troll. That's the internet for ya.

I just bought this thing, and I'm at ground 0. Everything I'm thinking is second hand info. I'm just fact checking what I've heard.

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Calls my questions silly, accuses me of being a troll. That's the internet for ya.

I just bought this thing, and I'm at ground 0. Everything I'm thinking is second hand info. I'm just fact checking what I've heard.
Wrench is probably out of 'pacalolo' there's a lot of good information and people on here so Troll away... Everything has been asked and answered the fought over countless times so some of the Old shut-ins get grumpy and forget the new guy who just got started isn't going to know as much if anything which is the whole point of the forum... ;)

Reactions: Ibreakbikes

Chad_Broski

Feb 2, 2022
somewhere
Wrench is probably out of 'pacalolo' there's a lot of good information and people on here so Troll away... Everything has been asked and answered the fought over countless times so some of the Old shut-ins get grumpy and forget the new guy who just got started isn't going to know as much if anything which is the whole point of the forum... ;)
El cringe