rejetting carbs

GoldenMotor.com

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
i want to rejet my stock nt carb i live in the chicago area i know that elavation, humidity, and temp all play a part in performance i have astock 66cc 2 stroke with expansion chamber i want to know what size jet to get to improve performance i would appreicate some of your wisdom as i have little. i will also run the stock chrome air cleaner.

thanks glenn dnut

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
First you will need to verify the basics. Where is the needle clip at on the carb throttle body [metering rod]? What ratio of oil are you using? Also what color is your spark plug?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Then you have part of your answer. Solder the jet shut and red rill it one size smaller. I would get micro drill bits from harbor freight. Use a bit to find out where you are now. Then pick a bit just a bit smaller.

That is how I would do it. I kinda like the plugs at a darker brown myself. Have you tried a hotter plug?

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
thanks for ther link very helpfull ill give it a shot this week and let you know the results .
THANK AGAIN GLENN

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Sick bike parts sells jets... Usually just one size smaller is what works best.

Don't try to re-jet the carb until you have at least 5 gallons of gas through the engine!!! Because it will keep running better & better the more it breaks in (& you might not even have to re-jet. ;)

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i'm at 900 ft el. with weather close to chicago, after a short break in all my engines have ran best with the clip on 2nd notch from the top and the jet soldered up and redrilled with a #73 bit. that includes engines with expansion chambers and porting too.