rebuilt my bike

GoldenMotor.com

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego
Haha not right now cuz I tore my engine down cuz that knocking noise got rediculously loud and I was losing power. Found a broken ring, both rear mount studs sheared off and the frame at the rear mount was broken. Got all the replacement parts in today and assembled the engine, tomorrow ill fit my new pipe on it and try to fire her up.

If I can find a longer stronger spring for my forks to raise and stiffen it a little I'd take it off-road again haha

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I love the drag bars an disc brakes on a springer , an that pipe going over the top just gives it a leaner look .
Gary

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego
Thanks man

So I got a amazing deal on a yz80 pipe which I figured would work good as these motors are not much smaller, though I imagine they have lower compression and also don't rev as high I'm not 100% on that though... Anyways here's some pics

While I was putting that pipe on I fixed a few things, one of the piston rings was broken as well as the frame where the rear mount mounts.

Took her for a quick spin today, lost a little bottom end power with this pipe but mid and top and are screamin, I feel that with a little more compression and maybe 1000 more rpm ill really be maximizing this pipe.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
That's one fat pipe! Good thing you put it on to find the broken ring and frame! That could've ended badly, for sure. If you're going for high revs, the first thing you should do is get those crappy Chinese bearings out of there. Look up 6202's for the crank, or even Al.Fisherman has some to sell still I think.

Best of luck!

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego
Yea that's a good idea, Ill definately look into that, thanks for the heads up!

The other day was outside letting my bike idle and checking for leaks when an older dude I had seen riding around on a beach cruiser with seriously wild ape hangers before came up to me and made chit chat about my bike and the few he's built, really interesting cool old dude. Anyways as he's leaving he turns around and says that he has a set of old fenders laying around and if I wanted them they were mine,score! I had actually been looking for a rear fender for a while but never hit the right deal.

I only mounted the rear one after a little modification, and I didn't like the look of front one so I left it off.
I also picked up a sweet leather seat at the swap meet today for $30. Here's some pics