rebuild

GoldenMotor.com

gubba

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, florida
is there a manual or set of step by step instructions for rebuilding an 80???
since you can't get an exchange warranty anymore i'm going to have to learn how..

TIA

stay dry
gubba

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
By "rebuild" whadda mean? If it's jus a top end then just take it apart, there's really nuthin' to these things - they're great for learnin' the basics that way.

If it's the lower it gets a lil tricky, you've got bearings to pull and shaft silliness - but I'm sure there's a diagram somewhere... I know there is, I just can't remember where atm... maybe someone will beat me to it and post a link lol

Even still - 2strokes by their nature are dead simple. I'd pull that puppy apart to see what yer getting into, if you have probs we'll be glad to help with details I'm sure.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
you know, rebuilding your top end due to ****ty compression or wear is nothing. a wrist pin bearing, a new pisser, some rings and a quick pass with a drill hone. Good to go! (dont forget the gaskets) lol

The bottom end isnt much worse, aside from the fact that its totally apart and you really have to have your eyes straight and head full of fresh oxygen when you get to work. wouldnt want to leave a circlip in the bottom end cause you just worked 12 hours.... or get stupid and try to beat your crankshaft off the case..... which if your curious i have done.

I dont mean to "boast" but i can rebuild the top end of a 125 dirtbike in under an hour and have it "rough" started for break in. thats what happens when you race MX for a few weekends and ride like you think your McGrath or Stewart.