'racing' motoross flexable poo-poo X-chamber

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Has anyone tried one of these $75 pipes?

It doesn't say of it's for the 48 or 66cc engine or anything about the RPM it is tuned to and doesn't look like you change it but it sure looks a heck of a lot easier to install than an SBP pipe.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sorry, KC, but that thing is just downright butt ugly.
I can only imagine how that flex pipe is going to vibrate. Go for it and let us know how it works but I wouldn't give $5.00 for it let alone $75.00. But that's just me.

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The flex pipe looks far too long for it to work very well as far as power goes, and keeping all that squirmy pipe in place looks like it might be a hassle.
If mounting is more important than power it should work well enough if you like it.
I don't care for it myself. I agree with 2door.
Buttbone ugly.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I would get it if it looks like other pipes on the market will not fit your motorbike without cutting and welding. I wouldn't buy it for performance gain.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
looks like someone got the bright idea of taking the torquer II pipe from arrow, cutting off the header and putting the flexible pipe on there.

probably a china-crap knock off.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
It does give me an idea though, if you started with a tuned SBP pipe with it's difficult copper and metal header pipes an easier fitting pipe the same tuned length could be used, and I am even thinking some sort of very course thread pipe section could be used to fine tune the pipe in place for the power band boost exactly where you want it without having to pull the whole pipe off and guess every time.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
It's long, that's for sure.

A bit cheesy of a paint job next to the chrome which was OK with me as I was blacking it out anyway but something to be aware of..

This is the worst part, the fitting chokes it off.

It mounted nice to the tensioner on this Low Touch with just a little bracket.

(continued below)

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
This is how that pipe turned out.

It added no performance improvement, in fact it might even impair that YD 48cc Skyhawk running 25:1 mix and Iridium plug as I couldn't find any 'sweet spot' and it topped out at 28MPH (48KPH) and it's loud but in a cool way.

I didn't try widening the pipe header as I don't know what size the flex pipe is inside but one thing is for sure, a different more open header is needed to even see how it's tuned and if it helps.

Performance aside the Poo-Poo pipe went on easy, bent reluctantly to my will but stayed bent and with a couple of hose clamps you might maybe even be able to make it fit the bike frame perfect.

All I care about is it is exactly the whole bike "look" the young customer was after including no chain guards, a springer front fork, short low handlebars and seat and as black as possible. He's a happy young man.

Consider this pipe tested ;-}

Last edited:

cashark

May 20, 2014
Bay area
Yea I see where ur coming from ir different but this is my 4th build and I've used every pipe that fit these HT's so ohere is my honest opinion compared to the good old stock non epa muffler it's a PITA to start harder than any 70 cc pocket bike pipe this is w a ngk bpr6hix so until I let her warm up I was surprised at the low mid to higher ram response and power and torque I couldn't find a leak and the flex pipe doesn't vibrate at all it seems to be two rubes in one and the inner one is so tight the length doesn't waste the expansion process much at all the expansion chamber is small but effective maybe the right size for such a small intake port In like it due to its bolt on simplicity and NO leakage but I've got a banana type exhaust I'm trying next it seems like the xact opposite large c chamber 3 in header and no muffler just an abrupt end and short 45 degree angled opening or Stinger

Attachments