racing carb q's

GoldenMotor.com

rickie h

Aug 6, 2009
usa
im not sure if everyone does but i saw a site selling them as racing carbs but most everywhere theyre just "high performance"

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
How well do the spooky tooth 66cc NT carbs work?
I have tried all the carbs mentioned here and notice little difference. I'd take claims of "huge improvements" with a grain of salt. Most never bother to make actual performance measurments.

Some upgrades are a little more convenient. For example having a shutoff on the carb prevents losing all the gas out of your fuel filter and it is certainly nice adjusting mixture w/o changing jets. But performance? I doubt it. Unless other aspects of the engine like port enlargement are changed first and this is beyond the average user.

motorhead419

Jul 6, 2009
ohio
I had a new style NT carb for the 66cc engine. It's only 1mm bigger...Ream your stock one out and save up for a 18mm Mikuni and a straight intake..

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Both the NTS and racing carb will probably be around for a long time even if supplies are down now- so I'm being patient here.

I haven't bored the port on my old one yet, but may, especially if I ever have another back up.. A main jet (a whole $2) is on the way and I may play with that. I have bored the billet intake out some more but haven't installed that yet.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Again, the rumor sounds like it is confusing the new NTS carb , like the one in your link above, with the CNS racing carb otherwise- I don't have experience with either yet, but want to believe the claims of the NTS people, who put out huge numbers of kits and probably won't ship the NTS 66 carb soon. The carb in your link will probably be the new stock carb in the 80 kits eventually.

they probbably will eventually start packing this new NTS carb with the newer 80 kits- and old stock with older carbs will probably still be out there for a long time as well, so pay attention if you order a kit, or a replacement carb!

It's good that they've come up with this one now, if the old carb was originally designed for 50 cc motor.

I came across these japanese carbs while looking around- several different ones on this site, but notice how the intake is different- these look like they may bolt directly to the motor or another kind of intake- but good luck taking that gamble!
Plus they don't really specify if they are for 2 cycle or 4 cycle.

YourParts.com - The #1 Source of Chinese Powersports Parts - Product Info

Last edited:

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
How well do the spooky tooth 66cc NT carbs work?
I swaped out my stock HT carb for one of these and after resoddering the jet a little smaller to get it to run right, I DID NOT see any real boost in power or speed. If you're getting a new carb then sure get one it does have a fuel petcock but it's no faster then stock for ($12).
I haven't tried the CNS carbs. I would like to be able to "tune" the mixture correctly. Your mixture setting will need to be adjusted based on changes in weather. It's kinda tough to keep changing jets to get the mixture right when the weather changes.
Just my $.02usflg

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
I recently got fed up with my stock carb and decided to buy a sha 19mm from delloroto direct, the carb looks awsome but i havent figured out how to tune it yet, i can say im very dissapointed as the carb runs rich with the stock jet, if anyone knows any way of adjusting or tuning this carb i would really appriciate it, its quite pricey and the bike is running worse now then it was with the stock carb, is my only option to buy a smaller jet to lean it out?

Alson

May 16, 2010
Kankakee Illinois
i switched to a new stile NT carb and I got about 5 more mph faster, it sluttered when I ,et up the throutel, found out the f,ost was to ,ow , that is when I turn jt upside down, so I raised jt to 21mm that Steve told me to do. Now it runs good and still good top endpino.

Alson

May 16, 2010
Kankakee Illinois
If the float is to low, that is when its upside down, it flouds out. See when right side up the float then if to high the bowl will fill way up with gas and flun ya engine out by ,owering it less gas and wont floud,. I hope this makes sense

Alson

May 16, 2010
Kankakee Illinois
yes thats your best bet to go with a smaller ket, most all the peop,e that have carb you have hade to do the same thing a #72 is what most people get that runs good with it. You can also use the one on other one witch is about #70, just to see if its to lean, might work, oh ya make sude your float is set rightcvlt1

bulletholes

May 14, 2010
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Their user name on ebay is m.j.zee
Search for the PW80 carb. These are really nice carbs but will break at the point they connect to the intake manifold if you live in an area with rough streets, like mine in Wisconsin, I have 3 of these that broke. I used a piece of rubber hose between the manifold and carb, I cut another intake to get the piece to connect to the carb and used a piece of metal to support the air cleaner at the rear, now the carb is mounted on rubber at both ends and will last.

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
Found more info about this carb on my own. Apparently they were originally designed and used on Geely scooters. If you Google it, you'll find something with a site that has the words live from Hawaii and it will give maintenance instructions about the scooter and its carb.

The barbed fitting is for an oil injection pump that requires the rear wheel of the scooter to be rolling in order to work the pump...

Tried to post the link, but I guess I don't post enough to meet the requirements yet...

Last edited: