race bike, pit bike, or death trap?

GoldenMotor.com

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
this is the same bs that made me change to 4 strokes the china girl can be set up perfect a some stupid $&i# always goes wrong never again!!! preditor/honda from now on

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Puta pic of chuck norris on the crank case, it won't break any more :)

But actualy, just finda smaller briggs like a 2 hp or somthing and fanagle it in there somehow

haste

Aug 2, 2009
af
Well you said it vibrates, and you have a rigid fork. Get a set of moped fork(puch,tomos) and throw them on, plus it will match the wheel set. Can drop them to match the ride height an put clip ons on

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i want a rigid bike for racing. there's no bumps in the track so i don't need suspension. the bike's super low, anyway, so clip ons are out. i was messing with some lower bars, and they just make the bike really sketchy to ride.

i ran the GT5 motor yesterday, and it's a lot smoother. after i tune it up it should be fine.

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
motor's working good. need to tune it, and should be 40mph+

getting better at welding, ao i made a super-layback-spring seatpost, giving me the stance i want.

still need to build the tank.

and another pic next to my roomate's 3 seater trike that was in the yokohama show in japan...

Attachments

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
backwards tank is just for testing purposes. with the front-facing carb, i'd have to run a long fuel line.

thos pirellis are pretty awesome. they're 2.5, same as hookworms, but they look a lot fatter. too bad they don't make them in 24's and 26's. it's hard to build a bike around 20" wheels.

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
i came up with the seat idea today. i mean, the flatbar and 2 post idea's been done before, so i just went with that. but after building it i had a diving board with a seat on it, so i bolted a cruiser seat spring into the fender brace, and there ya go.

something about neccessity being the mother of invention...

... and, rolling rock, lately...:)

wait till i paint that tank snakeskin, flames and skulls. then it'll really be bad-ass!

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
built most of the tank on saturday. all i need to do is solder in the plumbing parts for the cap and the petcock.

i went with a straight sided "tool box" tank 'cause i couldn't get the bend on the top tube right with a pipe tank. spent waaay too much time getting frustrated and wasting metal so i just went with what i know.

the tank is 2.5" wide and 18"long and 2.25" high. holds just barely under 1/2 gallon. that's a lot more than i thought.

probably gonna paint it. as much as i love the copper look, it's not right for this little monster.

just needs the pipe, now...

Attachments