Quit (ing) cigarettes

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I like that Mike and I like that knife too.
Congratulations on your success at quitting!
I have been tempted to light one up, but I just reach for my vape stick and enjoy the flavor of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich instead.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Day 6, Tomorrow will be one week.

Today I woke up for the first time in decades without hocking up brown speckled loogies. How sweet it is - :)

I still find myself with a lighter in my hand looking for a pack...then I chuckle, put the lighter down and have a pull on the vape. I keep forgetting that I don't smoke anymore.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I like that Mike and I like that knife too.
Congratulations on your success at quitting!
I have been tempted to light one up, but I just reach for my vape stick and enjoy the flavor of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich instead.
LOL, really? PBJ vape? I knew they made exotic flavors but that struck me as funny, GN.

Day 6, Tomorrow will be one week.

Today I woke up for the first time in decades without hocking up brown speckled loogies. How sweet it is - :)

I still find myself with a lighter in my hand looking for a pack...then I chuckle, put the lighter down and have a pull on the vape. I keep forgetting that I don't smoke anymore.
Awesome Mike. CONGRATS!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Yes, Dan a PB&J vape and it is delicious! It is made by Perfect Cloudz and is called Sack Lunch. My long time favorite is made by Cove and is called California Beach Cake. It is lemon pound cake with cream cheese frosting, and it tastes as good as it sounds.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL, GN. I checked the phone first thing, waking up this morning for reported posts, spam what ever.

Bleary-eyed as I read your post but in my addled brain, you were talking like Dan Akroid from "Saturday Nigt Live doing the "Bass-o-matic" commercial;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BQFv83QJ2Y

"That's some good bass, Harry!"

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Great job Mike!
I used to get mad and throw brand new packs out the truck window and then turn around and go back and get them off the side of the road once I realized what I had done. I probably would have been taping all those cigs back together back in my "trying to quit" days. Anyhow...it will be 8 years for me on December 20 since I have taken a puff. I still crave cigs to this day, but I just don't allow myself even one puff or I would be back to chain smoking.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I had some additional help too.

The cigs really did taste bad, but that was only part of it. Everything here is dead now there is no life in this house except me. I lost the dog a couple months ago, that happy furry licky thing that helped me thru all that death. I was not going anywhere until she did. She was there for me and I was there for her.

After I took her to the vet for the last time I had a little window between getting my permanent crown installed and jury duty. So I went to Reno for 3 days of utter debauchery. Looked up a women there I knew from work and found that she had a boyfriend. So I signed up on a couple of dating sites. And I found out that women really hate smoking. A nice lady told me I seemed a wonderful man but she just couldn't do the smoking.

I posted that chopped up pack on the sites with the caption "I quit" and my mailbox lit up like a Christmas tree. I'm ready to have a woman in my life again and they don't like smoking.

Women really are good for us, they make us better men - :)

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
2 weeks and 1 day now. I am smoke and loogie free. I have more energy and I walk a mile a day every day.

I'm going to try something new. Unflavored e-juice. I find all of these flavors just a bit weird. So I got a bottle of 75% PG, 25% VG and 24 mg/ml nicotine. Cheap too, 250 ml bottle was like $20

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Thanks. How you doing Dan?

My new juice is on the way.

I dunno. I really don't like the "tobacco flavored" stuff. I tried some menthol and it just too menthol & mint and I tried the "dessert" stuff, cookies & cream, chocolate & mint and the "fruity" stuff was pretty much the same. Interesting for a while, but not for long.

Just give me my fix and hold the flavor - :)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Great thanks, Mike. All sorts of good stuff happening here.
======================================

Man, ya talked me into it. Gotta get more vape.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yeah, I know. I'm doing the 18 mg stuff now and I know what that is. The unflavored stuff is kind for people that are making up their own flavors and diluting with PG & VG for a custom blend. With some places 24 mg is the weakest stuff they offer.

I like that nicotine rush and would like the same "high" w/o so much puffing.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I missed every start date I was gonna do but ordered refills for my ecig stuff yesterday.

Things got great for me of late and I seem to be celebrating by chain smoking.

Seriously, this is the last bummer in my life right now and am gonna do it if kills some one. LOL, I get cranky.

Vape question. My stuff is 1.8 Mgs. ? 18 sounds crazy or did I misunderstand my stuff's packaging?

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Hi Dan,

Yeah you probably missed something or they were referring to a tenth ml for a "one cig" comparison.

18 mg / ml is about a regular cig. 24 mg /ml is like a non filter. 1.8 mg /ml would be almost nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i chain smoked really bad before i quit. i think it is normal but who knows, makes sense mentally wanting everyone you can before they are no more lol. it will be 3 months for me monday. i still have cravings but they are not to often and go away fast.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Thanks, Mike

==============

Awesome, Paul!!! Congrats Mon!

Is kinda funny. The psychology of it. Like quitting drinking so ya have a double.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Four weeks for me today. Also dating four women.

You know how many women I would be dating if I smoked?

Yup. One of them even has a fridge magnet that says "Kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray"

Good luck guys!