May 11, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
IMG_0379.JPG
IMG_0380.JPG
IMG_0383.JPG
IMG_0388.JPG
IMG_0389.JPG
IMG_0393.JPG
Ok so I'm new to this but have been repairing and tinkering with stuff for years and I'd say I'm mechanically inclined.
Picked up this kit, originally meant for a frame mount, from a guy on Craigslist for $80. I am trying to figure out which make/model kit I have here, any pro's & cons of this make / model, what my options are for parts & what I need to do to check/ clean up the gearbox & clutch?
You'll see in the pictures the gear reduction is marked Flying Horse so got the Make of the gearbox (would like to know what series it is & if it's dependable)?
The engine itself is marked in 3 places with a wavy H. Is it a Flying Horse or Hungseuy(misspelled I know)? Anyone know what series the motor is? From what the seller said I'd say it's at least 2 years old possibly more.
In the pictures of the clutch bell I don't see any springs through those holes no matter what angle I'm looking at it so, that has me concerned but I'll remove the bell tomorrow to find out for sure.
I'm doing a rear rack mount on a front suspension fat tire mountain bike with the gear reduction pointing down. Rack is almost finished.
Last Questions
Where can I find a close to original Airbox/intake for cheap?(original owner apparently cut the door to get it to fit on a frame mount)
And where to go for upgraded air filter and carburetor for cheap?
Chain breaker or kit for lengthening/ shortening the chain?
You guys all rock & I appreciate any help!!!
Ill upload pics of the bike & rack I'm wrapping up tomorrow. If the kit ended up being garbage I've got a 43cc chainsaw motor with a solid clutch I could turn into a gebe or v belt drive worst case.

J

Attachments