Questions about a DAX GT 50R

GoldenMotor.com

strotter

Aug 7, 2008
I bought one. Have about 50 miles on it. Thought it would be more powerful (comparing it to a Honda 50)
1. Over all very happy. Nice and light weight.
2. Mounted on a Staton friction drive.

turbojoe

Mar 30, 2011
Little Rock,AR
I bought one along with a friction drive. Maybe got 5 miles on it when it died. Could not get it to start again so I had to send it back to thatsdax. Waiting for a repair or replacement; Haven't heard back yet. It has a 76mm clutch bolts directly to the friction drive or they sell a gearbox that bolts to it as well. I hope to get it back soon as I'm using a Honda GX35 now and it doesn't move my 250lbs butt as fast.

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
I have one on a dax chain drive setup that I bought from dax on an ebay auction. It to died on me within the first day, however, Duane is a great guy and fixed it and sent it back to me for free. The little motor is light weight and a real screamer. I have it on a 36t sprocket and it gets me up to 40 easy, and Im a bigger guy. However, It lives in the high rpm's and has little low end power (even when I had it on a 50t sprocket). Also, it can be a beast to start, there have been times when I have pulled on the rope for 10 minutes before it fires.

You can get the same engine off ebay for $79, however, the one from dax has a few nice little add ons, plus, you can not beat dax for the customer service. Bottom line? I got this because I wanted to go fast, but getting it made me realize that going that fast on a bike is scary, lol. Im selling it now, ill stick with one of my other bikes for my pleasure rides.