Question about Chopper

GoldenMotor.com

mmabiker

Jun 9, 2008
Frist of all i've been watching this forum for awhile and finely took the plunge and registered:D.. Im a poor college student who needs a cheap way to d be a commute to school and work and i thought a bike with an engine would be a great option.

I'd love to get a chopper and put an engine on it but is a chopper a bad choice? i love there look and style but i have nearly no experience with the matter...any advice would be appreciated thanks.

Micargi Puma GTS Chopper 26 - 2 Wheel Bikes - Beach Cruisers, Mountain Bikes, Tandem Bikes, Children's Bikes

Micargi Leopard Deluxe Chopper 24 - 2 Wheel Bikes - Beach Cruisers, Mountain Bikes, Tandem Bikes, Children's Bikes

These are the bikes i was considering

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. Choppers make great bikes but they do take more fabrication skills. Just get what you like and start building. Lots of help here. Look through the pictures section and you'll see some of the things people have done. And don't be afraid to ask questions. Glad you joined us..............................

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
That read one would look really cool. Wonder how wide that frount tube is? In my opinion you should start out with something a little easier for your first bike. Then if you like them you can do something like that. You could easily buy two bikes for the price of that one. That is just me though.

Last edited:

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
You could get a complete Happy time engine kit for the price of either bike.
Buy a Wall-e-world cheapo.
Just my thought on cheap transportation.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
That mount has been used successfully on many OCC Schwinn Stingray Choppers. However I am not sure that anyone has tried it on the bikes you are looking at. Seems like it would work but do not know for sure.

lottahorses

Apr 10, 2008
If you get a chopper. you need to get one that has more then just a coaster brake or you can add better brakes to your bike. (very important). the micargi is a nice stretched bike. the kustom kruiser roadster stretch is almost the same bike but has stronger spokes and better tires and a lot sweeter . you can pick up a kustom kruiser off ebay from arizona swede. it says 180 plus 99 shipping but just put 130 in the offer box and it is yours . so you will have 130 in the bike and 99 shipping (great price). if they are out . they will have more in a day or two. they always do.

Pic of Kustom Kruiser

Attachments

Last edited:

mmabiker

Jun 9, 2008
If you get a chopper. you need to get one that has more then just a coaster brake or you can add better brakes to your bike. (very important). the micargi is a nice stretched bike. the kustom kruiser roadster stretch is almost the same bike but has stronger spokes and better tires and a lot sweeter . you can pick up a kustom kruiser off ebay from arizona swede. it says 180 plus 99 shipping but just put 130 in the offer box and it is yours . so you will have 130 in the bike and 99 shipping (great price). if they are out . they will have more in a day or two. they always do.

Pic of Kustom Kruiser

wooow you hit the nail on the head. your right the kustom Kruiser is pretty much the same as the micargi. i think im going to pick up a cheap bike offa craigslist and try the engine out first as somone suggested but u can bet ur ass ima get me one of the kruisers:D thanks''2
3/#