pull starter

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
It is a kit for the China 2-strokes.
I have one and I promptly removed it after reading up on the clutch to shaft slippage issues as well as the center shaft of the pull start snapping off of the pull start's cover.
Both issues can be resolved with some custom modifying.
I decided to just use the hand clutch and pedal start as was originally intended by the engine design.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I have used mine probably 100 times and no breakage yet. Not the original rope or anything else. I usually only have to pull it twice to get the motor started. One thing that helps is to NEVER pull to the end of the rope. I would however reconsider buying from GasBike from what all I have heard on here.

Terry

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
i boght one of the pull starts for the 2 dtroke china kits and it didn't start my bike once before it broke.. a waste of $65 AUD at the time >.<
i had my entire bike lift off the ground and the kick stand come down on my foot The very first pull & it almost put me in the hospital mine is just a chunk of broken aluminum now makes for a nice spacey magneto cover though

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
I built a three wheeler for my brother in law. Lost a leg in a crash so he wanted something to get around on. The motor has rope pull start and cent. clutch. you can pedal start or pull start either way. He has rode it for about 8 months and had zero problems.(knock on wood). Here is what it looks like on this cheap trike.
donb

usflg

Attachments