Would you use Kings motorbikes?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Gongsho

Oct 28, 2018
So I ordered about $200.00 with of stuff from kinds motor bikes Friday morning. And as of today still no shipping info has been sent to me so I politely emailed them and asked when it may be leaving. The response I got was we were closed on Saturday and Sunday ALL IN CAPITALS. Really? Are you yelling at me thru an email? The website clearly states all orders received before 3pm will be sent out that day. I can read. I did manage to be order my parts by myself without my mommy holding my hand. I think Monday must be a holiday for them as well. I haven't responded to their email yet but found the all caps email blaming me for being closed on the weekend very disrespectful. My money is obvisobvinot good enough for them so they won't be getting anymore of it. The worst party is because I live in Canada I get to be pay extra for the shipping and awful service.

Reactions: fasteddy and DRK

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Where in Canada? I'm South of Vancouver. If they slag you off there are good bike sellers in Canada. If you bought from Kings Motorbikes your in for a world of problems. They are well known to be unreliable.

Steve

Last edited:

Gongsho

Oct 28, 2018
Hi Steve. I'm in London Ontario. Well kings says they shipped the item however it wasn't til after I complained to PayPal. PayPal is in the process of getting my money back. I'm hoping I get my money returned and the parts that are already on their way. Who is good to deal with in Canada. I got my engine kit from zoom and of course parts were missing. I know the kits come from China so it's probably not zooms fault. Zoom and motorized bicycle Canada don't really have a good selection and mostly nothing in stock. So who do you recommend? I found a guy in Brampton who sells lots but Brampton is a bit of a drive. Thanks for the info Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi Gongsho,

That is who I was going to mention. The kits come from China of course and they are just shipped on to the customer so if anything is missing they don't know about it.

Brampton is a haul from London but it may be worth the drive to be able to lay your hands on the kit and see what your getting. From what I've seen and heard Zoom and Motorized Bicycle Canada have better kits but if they don't have them in stock it doesn't matter if they are gold plated.

I build with electric and my gas powered one is still being built but it is a non traditional engine from a Jacobson snow blower but a 2 stroke. I heard that Ottawa was going to turn the regulation of motorized bicycles over to the provinces and that the government was stepping away from them. That should be interesting and maybe free us to build more interesting bikes or we will be under their thumb.

Steve.

Gongsho

Oct 28, 2018
Hi Steve. So I messaged the guy on kijiji to see if he will ship and if he is an actual storefront. I'm still waiting to hear back. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1288607646&requestSource=b
There's a link to the kijiji page. It would be great to go and physically see the parts and pick your own.

So something really bizarre happened and I'm not sure but maybe zoom cycles and kings motorbikes are somehow associated. I say this because when I buy stuff online I always sign up for the email and txt notifications for shipping. Well low and behold I get a txt message from kings today saying my item is shipped and it's from the same number that zoom bicycles texted me from to let me know my order from them was shipped. I made made my order from zoom months ago.
1-424-675-5517. When I Google the number China and Santa Monica California is what came up.

I'm hoping zoom doesn't have anything to do with kings.

Ya hopefully the government changes the laws soon. Until then I'm gonna take my chances. Really the cops have way better things to do then harass a guy on a homemade bicycle but they seem to get off on it I guess lol.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Some where in the memory banks I recall it was mentioned on the forum that they are connected. I think Kings is their supplier but I don't recall if there is a family connection.

Odd how they were able to ship your motor when Pay Pal contacted them. I wonder if Pay Pal contacted them on the weekend when they were closed.

The link you sent sounds good. I did a google drive by and the address he gave is in a multi business mall. The photos go back over a year ago and he isn't there at that time.

Steve.

DanVal

Oct 22, 2018
Kings Motorbikes have been good to me so far. There's another company that shares or uses some of the same pictures as Kings that has been awful to deal with. They are a sponsor on this forum as well so I wont mention them by name. They took me for close to 150.00 in missing parts. After several emails and phone calls I gave up. Unbelievably rude. Its simply not worth the stress in my life. My point is that it would sure be nice as a biking community if we could somehow police these issues. Together we have the power but truth and specific detail that would back up our claims would need to be included. DanVal

Reactions: DRK

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Kings Motorbikes have been good to me so far. There's another company that shares or uses some of the same pictures as Kings that has been awful to deal with.
They are a sponsor on this forum as well so I wont mention them by name. l
Kings Motorbikes is only another website for Gasbike.net
They have other websites too and are the Same Company.

Last edited:

DanVal

Oct 22, 2018
I figured they were the same company since the pictures of their distribution center are exactly the same. Unfortunately, from time to time they happen to have what I need. I will do my best to avoid either. Thanks for the clarification. DanVal

DRK

Apr 1, 2017
Illinois
Kings Motorbikes have been good to me so far. There's another company that shares or uses some of the same pictures as Kings that has been awful to deal with. They are a sponsor on this forum as well so I wont mention them by name. They took me for close to 150.00 in missing parts. After several emails and phone calls I gave up. Unbelievably rude. Its simply not worth the stress in my life. My point is that it would sure be nice as a biking community if we could somehow police these issues. Together we have the power but truth and specific detail that would back up our claims would need to be included. DanVal
Better Business Bureau worked for me.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
One thing you have to keep in mind here.... Just because you ordered your parts a few hours before the deadline for shipping (on a Friday)...... YOU MADE A INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING ORDER!!!

International shipping is a real pain in the arse for anybody!!!
There are lots of customs forms to fill out & if they aren't done exactly right, the order wont go through!!!

So why don't you cut vendors a little slack & give them a little extra time to ship (instead of filling a Paypal dispute) the minute it doesn't happen as fast as you'd like!!! ! :(

Customers like you are the reason that I refuse to ship internationally!!! :-||:-||

Also.... being 'butt-hurt' because he used all caps in a email is another 'piss-poor' excuse for filling a Paypal dispute (& trying to screw someone out of their money)!!!!!

Last edited: