! PFFST ! Phoenix Felt Four Stroke Twin :)

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks Fred. I've actually seen what jowens suggested at the local Ace and even examined them but for another use. Thinking of making a box for behind the seat tube. They sell em as single pieces. Hey! jowens! How much does your gas tank hold?!!? Holy crap, that looks big and nice! Stainless? Hand made? Going for 250 mile range?

Last edited:

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
Thanks Fred. I've actually seen what jowens suggested at the local Ace and even examined them but for another use. Thinking of making a box for behind the seat tube. They sell em as single pieces. Hey! jowens! How much does your gas tank hold?!!? Holy crap, that looks big and nice! Stainless? Hand made? Going for 250 mile range?
I actually splurged on the tank I bought!!.....got the link and idea from Aleman....its a coyote gear tank holds 1.2 gal....http://coyote-gear.com/flat6inch.html.....then you have to figure out how you want to mount it......I used a seatpost mount rear rack and put an additional mounting plate to it, didnt want to drill through the rack for fear of weakening it.....you also have to make a outlet to fit into the bottom threaded bung so you can attach a fuel line.....had crap I could steal from my old man....he had aluminum fittings just laying around being he was an aircraft mechanic in his day when I was much younger....oh yeah....almost forgot, that tank takes me about 150 miles per fill up with my Predator

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
!!! TOO DAMN HOT !!! To work in the garage... Build has slowed to a crawl as the heat goes up and up. Should be 110 or so today and the same for the forseable future. I do sneek out for 20 min at a time to do some stuff; Then, I cant see for the sweat pouring in my eyes and I give up :( I have a Troxel seat being recovered in leather and a pair of battery bags at the same upholstry shop being modified; they should be done Monday. The batterys arrived from China and they look great! I havnt wired them up yet. Heres a few pics of what little progress I have made.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I was snooping arround the bikeshop where I bought the Twin and found these neat axel tensioners! Very clean strong and adaptable. Seem to work great, though I havnt actually ridden the bike yet. I was concerned about all the extra weight on the rear fender. I didnt want the thing swaying back and forth rubbing on the tire so I got some Wald balloon tire fender stays and added a third to the rear between the existing stays. Used an existing bolt hole for the license to secure it so I didnt even have to drill anything! I also got hold of a decent chain braker and removed the extra links from the chain caused by the smaller front sproket.

Attachments

Last edited:

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
looking good :)
I hear ya on working in this heat :(
hard to do anything with sweat dripping in your eyes (or, in my case, eye) laff
I only ride early morn or late now, if I can ;)

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
EYE EYE CAPTAN!!! laff Heh; sorry Bill, couldnt resist. 2Door had some questions bout the chain tensioners. I "THINK" they can be mounted on the inside of the dropouts, this was my initial plan when I first saw them. $20 at a bike shop; prob cheeper online. Billet aluminim, anodized and available in different axel diameters. ( Twin takes 3/8" ) Nice smooth hassel free adjusting, one allen key to turn it and a 10mm to lock it down. HEY! THEY COME IN COLORS! http://www.redlinebicycles.com/components/chain-tensioners

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Hey! Velodrome..
As you are aware my thread is Blood Tursty and you've seen the 1911 Indian tribute, my question to you is do you think those chain/axle tensioners would work on my ride ? not really grabbing the works of it(visually) since I can't see the inner axle portion, my problem is not enough bolt since my drops out are deeper in length then the the Felt, the Redline look beefy enough, do you think you could squeze your camera in there for a pic of the fit (lol)
Thanks!
PS....... by the very nice bike! and thanks for not using the lawn mower on that beautiful bike

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
? lawn mower ? I'll try and get ya some closer pics tomarrow. I need to take the rear wheel out anyway to run the wires for the back lights. I got my bags back today for the batterys so Its time for wireing. the leather on the Troxel seat came out fantastic, now the springs are off to paint. Im having a pro do it. No idea how to paint springs. EDIT: Hey Truckd, could you measure your dropout depth and mabey post a couple pic of them in your thread? That might help.

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Lawnmower is a term used for the guy ( who's name would probably be Phil Schiffley) who will put anything on a bike especially if it's off the lawnmower and you are not that guy as we can see so Thanks! for not being that guy and building a beautiful bike!
The drop outs are from front to rear 2"

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OK I'll Measure mine once I'm back at work in the bike tonight after sundown. Bit cooler then. MY BLADES ARRIVED! These will be going on the front wheel to discourage cagers from running me off the road! ;)

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Where does the weed eater go, on the back right ? , just incase you need something to propell through deep water. (LOL!)

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
K truckd. Been a measurin. My dropouts are 1.7 inches or 45mm deep by my HF dial caliper. They are 9mm wide ( hefty! hefty! hefty! ) or 11/37 inch Heres some pics of the RL's. If you used the second position, as shown in the first pic; I think they'd work on Blood Thirsty. And ya can get'em in RED! dance1

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks! Velodrome... I've seen the red anodized and they are bad!! so I'll check them out and if they don't fit I have a Sportsman Flyer BTR they'll work on no problem ,again Thanks!

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Heres the battery bags I have for the front and rear light power sources. Tomarrow Im seriously going to try to get the lights wired up. Im planning on running the front light wires through the inside of the bars in an attempt to cut down on clutter.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Love the handle bars and are those cream colored tires ? I've seen a lot of Felt bikes and I will say that yours is the nicest

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks! Velodrome... I've seen the red anodized and they are bad!! so I'll check them out and if they don't fit I have a Sportsman Flyer BTR they'll work on no problem ,again Thanks!
Just be sure to measure your axel diameter and get the ones that fit what you have. Wait. WHAT? A Taylar AND a Sportsman? You dog! dance1