Old guy on a fast bike

GoldenMotor.com

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
I've never seen anyone riding an motorized bicycle in person.
A few minutes ago, I happened to look out the window and there was a guy flying by with his white beard blowing straight out behind him! That 2 banger was screamin, and he was gettin it.
Feel like I spotted big foot.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
That coulda been me,except my beard ain't quite all white yet. I look a lot like my avitar. My beard is just a little lighter lately.
Yeah, thats right. Just cause ya get older don't mean ya can't still have a little fun once in a while. I have 3 bikes right now. My main baby is hitting 35mph, And it's fully loaded, (especially with me on her.)
fatdaddy.usflg
IT'S YOUR BIKE, BUILD IT YOUR WAY.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Your avitar reminds me of the logo on a paper product I've been in contact with (pun intended), so I probably would have smelled you goin by! LOL

I'm gonna try and track that guy on the gas-bike down. This town is like Gilroy in the 70s, not alot of people, so I should be able to.

Last edited:

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I used to know that guy, but I haven't seen him for a while. I kinda slowed my roll the last decade or so. The only thing you would smell when I go by is 2 stroke oil.
And how do you know about Gilroy in the 70's.
fatdaddy.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Seven Trees 1989. The 'old' Gilroy was a topic of discussion for the old timers having their morning coffee on Monterey Hwy.

My old job was high stress and required an aggressive attitude, and getting mentally clear of it can be challenging. That guy has been an absolute life saver for me- truly. Turns out, I'm actually a pretty pleasant person! Like everything else in my life I'm doing later, what most people do earlier. All things in moderation my friend.

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
I am avid user of different paper products myself.

Just yesterday my gf saw me on my bike on a road I wasn't on and I didn't even have my bike out using it.
Same coat apparently.

But it wasn't me, almost like a UFO sighting it is.

Walking home from uptown I approached the lower portion of my neighborhood and there was a bike with a HT motor on it propped up against a porch fence, had no muffler on it.

It's like two UFO sightings in one day! Gonna have to zip by there a few times when I go to get gas at my regular gas station, just to amaze the other user of the HTCG with a rare sighting of his own.

(Is there anyone on this forum younger than 40? (I'm 43) )

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
i'm one of two in my town,he's older than me.
he never rides.there are two whizzer guys,both put away and never ridden.
i like the looks i get.
i try to keep it low key,the cops are young turds and dont get it.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
just make sure that by the time they think they see you
you're gone, up in smoke, but hey Things Are Tough All Over and
as long as they know you're still smokin things will be alright :)
sorry couldn't help the c and c reference

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It couldn't have been me if your GPS coordinates are right, but your discription is right on.

White beard, screaming 2 popper, old guy on a motorbike? Yep, but I was nowhere near where you are. :)

And I'm the right age to know what Zig Zags are.
Tom

Attachments

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Man, how did I know you guys were alright?! This is really a cool place. On one of my jobs I'm the foreman, and my crew age average is 20. I keep telling them that who they think are old people, were most likely cooler than them at the same age. All things follow...

Tom, about 16 inches on that beard, and you're a dead ringer for the guy I saw. (not to calling you an old guy! but...LOL)

As I thought, after asking one person, I will meet that guy on the bike soon.

Last edited:

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I've never seen anyone riding an motorized bicycle in person.
A few minutes ago, I happened to look out the window and there was a guy flying by with his white beard blowing straight out behind him! That 2 banger was screamin, and he was gettin it.
Feel like I spotted big foot.
LOL, it couldn't have been me. I used to have a dark beard. Now I'm clean-shaven. Used to have long hair. Now I'm bald-headed or a month from being baldheaded again.
And I live on a rock in the middle of the ocean.xct2

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
It couldn't have been me if your GPS coordinates are right, but your discription is right on.

White beard, screaming 2 popper, old guy on a motorbike? Yep, but I was nowhere near where you are. :)

And I'm the right age to know what Zig Zags are.
Tom
What's GPS? Those are map coordinates! Compass, map, declination (for me and you 12* I believe), add a trail and exploration ensues! I kid. I'd bet $ you can read a map at least as well as me, so use that gadget. I am discouraged with the almost total dependence on tech of most people under 30 though. What if any one of a million things happen, and you can't use tech? No electricity = no anything from them, they'll sit in the dark until they starve to death because they can't google what to do next. Have you heard the stories of adult persons driving into rivers, off cliffs, and into buildings because the GPS told them to? Are we idiots? At my last job, I'd get young guys in who had never seen anything other than subway maps, or whatever you see in passing in daily life. Very little pleased me more than to watch them getting smaller and smaller as I leave them, map clutched in one hand, compass in the other, middle of seriously no-frickin-where, with a look of realization on their face- "Ohhhhh, this is what maps are for."
I think that was what's called a rant. Sorry. I need some therapy, so I'm gonna go be an almost old guy on a not too fast bike right now! .rd.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Well since you didn't give us minutes and seconds, my best guess is you live in Gardiner, or Big Sky. Or maybe you live in Yellowstone National Park. :)

I was navigating when the only satellite was Sputnik and at least today if the batteries go dead in my hand-held I can still fall back on 'dead reckoning' to find my way home.
But landing an airplane in zero-viz, it's nice to have the technology of an ILS to make things a little less tense.

Tom

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
I was navigating when the only satellite was Sputnik and at least today if the batteries go dead in my hand-held I can still fall back on 'dead reckoning' to find my way home. Tom
Roger that. (^)

To be honest I didn't verify my coordinates, really didn't think anyone would notice! It should be Belgrade Montana, Bozeman is 10 miles east, Big Sky is 50 miles south. Sputnik.lol I thought you were going to say something like since I was a snotty nosed kid!

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
rice was white and the wheat were yellow papers, and if you added corn you would have all the chex cereal's. but alas, i never seen corn papers. i still know people that after 45 years, are still on the moon...what a shame, even neil armstrong came back, they are still out there, such a waste of time.