Notice: Stretch Cruiser Mounts

GoldenMotor.com

Sprae

Apr 12, 2010
Raleigh,NC
So... When mounting to the downtube, should I cut the A4 simpson ties to clear the bicycle chain? Or should I just tilt the Simpson tie so that the mount will clear the bicycle chain?

SAVAGE

May 6, 2009
CHICAGO,ILLINOIS
Crazy Horse, say's those of you interested in using the RedB66 designed stretch cruiser motor mounts just e-mail me if you need more info or instructions regarding these motor mounts which can be used for other style frames than just stretch cruisers.

Peace Crazy Horse.
SUP CRAZY HORSE, i was wondering if i could buy a set of those red b66 motor mounts off of you for the micargi mustang gts i really like the simplicity of the design but i dont have a bench vise to fab those up . if you could get me a set of pre fabbed motor mounts id be willing to buy them .
if you have paypal i can get you the money that way ?!

SAVAGE .shft.
a.k.a.
peter garcia
[email protected]

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Savage, I don't have the ones you need, although I used the same as RedB66. I do have some here gotta find them. I'll let you know. The ones i used don't have those clean billet clamps.

In the mean time might I suggest a PM from you to RedB66, maybe he can hook you up with the part #'s for those awesome billet clamps he's using I think he has a Link in his post on updated stretch cruiser mounts.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance / guidance!

Peace Crazy Horse.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
Venice Boy, Why it's just personal preference also like moving motor forward for a more balanced look in the stretch cruiser frame big space to fill.

Thanks for the suggestion on saving some chain.

Peace Crazy Horse.
i'm gonna stuff a fatty exp chamber in that big empty space

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Just wanted to say easiest way to mount on stretch cruiser was first brought to my attention,

by: RedB66 who suggested the (Simpson A24 Strong Ties) available for about $2.00 a piece at your local home improvement stores.

Will post more information soon.

Pic's attached show stretch cruiser I'm building for a customer using the RedB66 designed motor mounts!

Two (2) of the pic's are from RedB66 a black stretch cruiser he built for one of his customers!

RedB66 used heavy duty wheels on his build, however my customer requested that he wants to use the 68 spoke wheel.

I made big mistake on this build take my advice don't try it mounting a sprocket on a 68 spoke wheel took me about 6 hours to finally get it right.

Now I'm suffering from 68 spoke-finger-itis won't be able to shoot bow & arrows for a while after mounting sprocket to this 68 spoke wheel!!!

Peace Crazy Horse.
Just wanted to keep this post on thread subject!

Sprae, how far along is your build now send me a pic or post your pic's of your motor mounts.

Peace Crazy Horse.

Elaia_Lychnia

Jul 15, 2011
Canada
I've ordered my stretch, ordered my motor kit, purchased my Simspon Strong Ties and will be looking for the muffler clamps today.

I cannot wait ti get started!