Not enough oil in the gasoline?

GoldenMotor.com

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
I fucked up! So igo to put gas into my mix can and figured that the mix left in the can would be enough oil to add to, WRONG, .....so like the fuckin genius ithought iwas i ran that so called mix in my tank and low and behold my rings on my piston fuckin broke causing the engine to seize that's it game over i gouged the the cylinder and scored the walls pretty good, at first ifigured **** ive been running around with no air filter and something got into the carb, .....but no i took apart the engine top and deducted that it's not a forein object .....so the moral of this fuckin story is this, DON'T FORGET TO PUT OIL IN YOUR GAS OR IT WILL **** UP BAD, and now im buying a gt6 hi po complete for 150 it's worth it

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Yeah. Yeah... That sucks , all apart of the learning. Being friendly here. Watch the gutter mouth. Hurts your credibility. No One will give a care. You don't want that do you?

Reactions: Greg58

Jimmy Bloodmaker

Nov 24, 2018
midwest
just get a new piston, cylinder, rings and gudgeon bearing, or just buy a gudgeon bearing and a top end kit. you be good as new in a hour after receiving it from the amazon man. you can rebuild the top end in 20 mins or less.

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
Excuse my f..bombs ,i get a little loco sometimes,
UPDATE:
The gt6 uograde is in and it finally droped its nuts, .....so at low speed ,throdell on cruise bout 1/4 to 1/2 way push(thumb throdel safer) and the engine sound is growling like a mad dog, the 48 tooth sprocket really gives allot of pull and the hi perf carb (delardo knock off )almost gives enough fuel delivery for the style Butt it needs to be re jetted up or down foegot , so i got this pwk 21mill carb ima try a ram air style intake well see any who hears some picts more details later........oh and the chain tensioner is put together from the spring bullshit used the original wheel instead of the skate tire and no spring and is a small turn buckle works so far............... over

Attachments

Reactions: indian22

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
I like your basic engine setup with after market head & Dellorto style carb. I've used these two item's on all my 2 strokes since 2012 & know they work. The "Miami" style expansion chamber + a higher compression ratio head probably does lean you out and normally an "up" jet for the carb is needed & should really improve performance. Check your plug to see if you're currently running lean, my guess is you are. Pushing more air through the carb will demand more fuel as well (depends on the 21 mm carb jetting) if you do change to a different carb. Keep in mind my altitude is about 1500 ft. above sea level so if you are near the coast you have higher air pressure so more fuel, larger jet, is often required; even on a stock kit motor. Higher elevations just the opposite. Read the plug and adjust accordingly.

My 5+ hp engines pull an extra half a horse on the dyno by just removing the air cleaner, same style air filter you're running, but when we read the plug it showed lean, with a up jet it gained a bit more, 2/10ths. hp. with air cleaner off and the plug read perfect, but put the air cleaner back on and the dyno showed about a 1 hp loss, just over 4 hp and the plug reading was really wet. Any effective engine mod will alter the fuel flow requirements. Major changes require a lot of patience to get right. When I changed from piston port to reed valve engine setup the addition of a third transfer port and a piston window; getting the right plug and carb jet setup was not easy and this was made more difficult by my addition of a different style expansion exhaust halfway through the process. I stuck with the Dellorto carb & it now runs great. Would it run better with a larger Mikuni carb properly jetted and set up? Possibly, but I like the street manners of this setup so I'll probably not experiment...right now.

I often run a 48 tooth for town riding & yeah the pull is really amazing though it limits cruising speed a bit compared to a 44 tooth.

Have fun with it & my guess is it runs quite well as it is.

Rick C.

Last edited:

Jimmy Bloodmaker

Nov 24, 2018
midwest
Excuse my f..bombs ,i get a little loco sometimes,
UPDATE:
The gt6 uograde is in and it finally droped its nuts, .....so at low speed ,throdell on cruise bout 1/4 to 1/2 way push(thumb throdel safer) and the engine sound is growling like a mad dog, the 48 tooth sprocket really gives allot of pull and the hi perf carb (delardo knock off )almost gives enough fuel delivery for the style Butt it needs to be re jetted up or down foegot , so i got this pwk 21mill carb ima try a ram air style intake well see any who hears some picts more details later........oh and the chain tensioner is put together from the spring bullshit used the original wheel instead of the skate tire and no spring and is a small turn buckle works so far............... over
chain is supposed to run over the tensioner. how you have it in the pics , it isn't doing anything but looking pretty. just a heads up.