Not a board tracker

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wholly shizzit! Thats is beautiful!! Nice work. There is an outfit selling much lesser MBs for $1400. You could just sell frames and do well. I know I would want one.

Now am day dreaming of that frame 4 stroked.......

emmmmm, 4 stroke...

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Thanks.
<snip>
My sturmey archer drum hub came in the mail today. I think it's a pretty racy lookin unit by itself:D I guess I gotta brush up on my wheelbuilding skils.
I was kinda wonderin' how you were gonna stop that thing.

There are plenty of wheelbuilding sites that will lead you through it if your memory is anything like mine.

It would look great if you dropped the tank around the top tube but it looks good as is.

Ted

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
Amazingly my hole saw is still pretty sharp after this. Probably more a testament to the cheapness of the sprocket than the quality of the hole saw.rotfl
My bike frame builder friends all use regular old hole saws chucked in to their Bridgeports to cut/mitre all types of alloys including Ti and they stay amazingly sharp and last a really long time. Especially if you do your rpm/feed rate according to the guidelines set forth in the machinists handbook.

It may be just me but I really like the Rat look going on with that bike as it is and even like the chain guard.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Two options for paint. It has the rat rod look so flat grey primer with subtle red trim...or, you could go with the 'Captain America' look, red, white and blue.
That tank is just crying for the 'American Flag'. But that's just my opinion.
Whatever you do it will be one cool ride. Congrats on the build.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Mabman, I agree. That is one fine lookn' piece of art. For the love of God! do a four stroke some day. *sniff*, Please?

I ain't kidding

hey there
that is a beutiful bike
Ive allways loved schwinn frames :)

I totally dont want to piss on anyones wheaties but I had my frame break rite at the mount there where yours is
I would strongly sugjest gusseting that arera
it wont take much but will save you grief

this is a crappy pic of my bike I used worksman wheels with a kick brake in the back & a drum in the front & it stops pretty well

once again beautiful bike man
very unique :)
JAK

Attachments

Last edited:
hey there
that is a beutiful bike

I totally dont want to piss on anyones wheaties but I had my frame break rite at the mount there where yours is

this is a crappy pic of my bike I used worksman wheels with a kick brake in the back & a drum in the front & it stops pretty well

JAK
there should be pics around here somewhere

I have a better camera now & there is another project Im starting thats in the pics & vids part
have a great weekend
JAK

Nice lookin' ride Jak! Do you have more pics posted? Awesome front end

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
Two options for paint. It has the rat rod look so flat grey primer with subtle red trim...or, you could go with the 'Captain America' look, red, white and blue.
That tank is just crying for the 'American Flag'. But that's just my opinion.
Whatever you do it will be one cool ride. Congrats on the build.
I thought about a RED WHITE and BLUE theme a while back but didn't think my limited paint skills could do Old Glory justice. But then again paint can be removed. When I picture it in my mind I see a really artistic kind of waving flag colors. But that's just me getting carried away. What I think would really suit it( And I could probably pull off myself ) is just a simple graphic. Stars up front and stripes running back. The stripes could be slightly curved to match the shape of the tank. Sweet.
Pretty much like the easy rider bike.

hey there
that is a beutiful bike

JAK
Jak, I have read some of your posts and it's clear that you know a thing or two about this stuff. Thanks for the heads up on the motor mount. I don't have much experience working with metal. I've been a carpenter for twenty two years so I'm okay at making stuff fit together but I don't rally know how metal "acts".

How long did it take for yours to crack? I'd like to at least get my engine broken in before I tear it down for paint. By the way, your bike frikken rocks man. That thing is way cool.(^)

Last edited:
I thought about a RED WHITE and BLUE theme a while back but didn't think my limited paint skills could do Old Glory justice. But then again paint can be removed. When I picture it in my mind I see a really artistic kind of waving flag colors. But that's just me getting carried away. What I think would really suit it( And I could probably pull off myself ) is just a simple graphic. Stars up front and stripes running back. The stripes could be slightly curved to match the shape of the tank. Sweet.
Pretty much like the easy rider bike.

Jak, I have read some of your posts and it's clear that you know a thing or two about this stuff. Thanks for the heads up on the motor mount. I don't have much experience working with metal. I've been a carpenter for twenty two years so I'm okay at making stuff fit together but I don't rally know how metal "acts".

How long did it take for yours to crack? I'd like to at least get my engine broken in before I tear it down for paint. By the way, your bike frikken rocks man. That thing is way cool.(^)
well... I did jump mine several times & bend a set of forks before I broke the frame

I wish I could easily draw you a picture of a really simple solution that you can put on with the engine on no prob

email me & Ill draw & scann something

or call me
my cell is onJak Stoll Performance

take care
JAK

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Seca, we are always our own worst and most unkind critics. That frame is already art. This one will be perfect, until you build the next. I look forward to see both.

Seca, we are always our own worst and most unkind critics. That frame is already art. This one will be perfect, until you build the next. I look forward to see both.
wow dan
nicely put
I just wanted to comment on your choice of words :)
its nice that there is a place for extreme tinkerers to come, appreciate each others work & be supportive of one another :)
take care
JAK

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
Thanks Dan.

Just one thing. If I use this paint scheme, are people going to think I'm a Texan?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.:D

Seriously though, will they?

"cause I really want them to think I'm Captain America.:ride:

Attachments

Last edited:

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
When I saw your scheme I instantly thought Captain America. Didn't realize the Texas flag looked like that.

Maybe make sure you have more than just a couple stripes?

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Ain't no way that dinky lil star on your tank would confuse a Texan. :)

Lead on, Captain. You got point. :D

Ted