Nirve switchblade in progress

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
So here's a pic with the engine mounted as well as the pedal chain installed (lookin a bit droopy I know)
Seat pan is also in there but I think I'm going to replace it with a leaf spring instead of the steel plates I'm using right now to give it a bit of flex/suspension
It's pedalable for now so that's good by me!

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w514/fang61922/GOPR5373_zpsbeaf812f.jpg
Looking very good, thats gonna be a really nice bike when you get finished with it no doubt....

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego
Looking very good, thats gonna be a really nice bike when you get finished with it no doubt....
Thanks man I hope so!
So yesterday I spent a good chunk of the day trying to start the engine just to test it out, emphasis on the word try....
everything seemed good when I was trying to start it, took about 4 hours for me to figure out the problem
When I was removing the governor a couple months ago the camshaft came out as well as one of the valves, when I put it back together I guess the push rod connected to the intake valve had fallen off the rocker arm, I took everything thing apart, put it back together and this is what I got

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HtOzg8F98s

it totally disrespected me by throwing off several bolts and the gas cap as if to say "what took you so long?!??"
still a lot of fine tuning to do but I should actually be able to test it out on the road in about a week dance1

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego
It seems kinda loud but i think that was from the leak in the exhaust, Right now im using flex tube to mock it up so it isn't a tight seal yet

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego
So it's running pretty good at this point, lots, and I mean LOTS of rattling on take off but it smooths out quite a bit after a few seconds
Right now I'm using the stock predator tank but I'll be upgrading to a real motorcycle tank in a few weeks
As far as top speed goes, I have no idea but I'm able to keep up with/pass cars now so that's a huge plus
The Tav is working out pretty good also, it has lots of torque all the way around although I can certainly smell my belt burning so I'll have to order a back up soon
This thing is far from done, but I'll post a picture or a video of me riding it soon :D

Last edited:

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego

BelayBoy

May 21, 2013
illinois
why didn't' you place that engine under the seat in between tire and seat tube and where engine now sits you could have placed like beer keg or some sort of gas tank

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego
why didn't' you place that engine under the seat in between tire and seat tube and where engine now sits you could have placed like beer keg or some sort of gas tank
I thought about that but I like the way the engine fills up the frame like this
as for the gas tank I think im going to go with a chopper or sportster style one depending on how they sit on the top tube
I'm actually making a barrel style oil tank to slot out and cover up the jackshaft assembly

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego
I figure at this point since I'm not selling it I should just go custom all the way so I'm thinking I might just have to make one
Here's a video of me and a friend of mine riding around in San Diego
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSd3Eg6dPbE
Had to speed it up quite a bit since I didn't want to post an hour long video on youtube
Recently I have added a small rechargeable battery that is hooked up to my brake light via brake lever switch
I also did some research and found that the cvt belt (tav2) is a one way belt (one side is curved one is flat) I flipped it around to how it should be facing and it rides as smooth as ever (partially the reason I haven't been updating this too much)
Also I didn't realize the idler bushing (made of bronze) is made to wear down, it cracked while riding one day and tore a belt apart as the crack got worse
Threw a new belt on which lasted just enough time to get home and wait for a week to get a new one in the mail- LESSON LEARNED!
overall it's running pretty good right now, next will be w new exhaust so i can finally get rid of this flex pipe