Next la Jolla

GoldenMotor.com

Mungface78

Mar 11, 2014
Titusville FL.
So I ordered a motor kit for the cruiser and got to looking at my bike, well the frame is kinda small. Is it worth the trouble to put the motor on or just get another cruiser that will accommodate the motor.

Mungface78

Mar 11, 2014
Titusville FL.
I just picked up an old school Murray Monterey that I will use being that this is my first build. The la Jolla will be my second build once I get my feet wet lol.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The Monterrey will allow you to start riding sooner because there will be fewer problems to solve. The Montie is a nice looking cruiser too as I recall. Experienced builders have squeezed China girl 2 strokes into frames as small as the Schwinn Krates, Stingrays and other 20inch muscle bikes of the early 70's,
There is a thread somewhere on this site for vintage Stingray builds.

Mungface78

Mar 11, 2014
Titusville FL.
Nice looking la Jolla Keith. I finished the Monterey a couple weeks ago, it was a fun build though! I love this forum, I've learned a lot in my short time here! I'd post pics of her but she's a little ruff looking lol. I just put a speedo on last night and new CDI, the OG one crapped out as per my volt meter. Hopefully she runs today!