Newbie Just saw a motorized mountain bike!

GoldenMotor.com

buzznuts

Jul 8, 2012
Kitimat BC
There is a dude in town with a motorized mountain bike that goes like a scalded cat! Wheelies across the parking lot, jumps, and burning up real estate. Wasnt able to flag him down to ask where to get such a kit. I know from flying giant scale RC aircraft he has a long tuned pipe, not a stock muffler as all the kits I can find so far on the net.
One youtube video the guy states his kit 66 cc doesnt have the balls to climb any kind of hills off road. So Im really interested in getting a kit for backroads in the woods with power to handle a moderate hill or two.
Dave

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
hill climbing is all in the drivetrain and tuning with these little china engines. a tuned pipe never hurts anything. you have a few options for drivetrain. the kits usally come with a 44t rear sprocket. you can get a larger sprocket for better climb, but you will give up some speed. another option is a shift kit, which allows the bicycle's gears to act as a drivetrain for the engine. i am not sure how good the shift kit is for off-roading, but you can always piece together a do-it-yourself'er with a higher horsepower engine, such as a briggs, predator, morini, or the like.