New to the whole Motorized Bicycle thing in Nevada

GoldenMotor.com

Nevada

Nov 29, 2013
Reno, Nevada
Hi all. Pretty new to this whole motorized biking thing, but thinking it'll be fun. Started riding motorcycles at 16, now 41 years later I thought I'd try something new. A little about me personally. Retired 20 year Army Airborne veteran, now working in professional sales for a large fortune 1000 company. Life's pretty good. Wow! are upgrades cheap on these things compared to a Harley. I'm slowly working on my first build. The bike is a Huntington Beach Skull & Crossbones beach cruiser, flat black with red wheels. American made bike and really well made. Engine and bike were purchased from Jake's Custom Motorized Bikes. I've got the machined aluminum rear wheel sprocket adapter and just ordered the chain tensioner that another one of the forum members sells here and on ebay. Once it's up and running I'll upgrade the exhaust, intake and carburetor, followed by a jaguar cdi and fred head. Looking forward to surfing the forum for ideas and info exchange with fellow motorized bicycle enthusiasts.

Cheers and have a great weekend everyone!brnot

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome to the site!! Lots of great info and helpful members.

Best of luck on your project!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hi all. Pretty new to this whole motorized biking thing, but thinking it'll be fun. Started riding motorcycles at 16, now 41 years later I thought I'd try something new. Once it's up and running I'll upgrade the exhaust, intake and carburetor, followed by a jaguar cdi and fred head. Looking forward to surfing the forum for ideas and info exchange with fellow motorized bicycle enthusiasts.

Cheers and have a great weekend everyone!brnot
Welcome to the forum and fun with motors on bikes. :)

check out the very new CDI being offered by a member here before
you get a jaguar cdi.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to our world of motorized bicycles Nevada. lots of sharp people here to help you with building your bike, great to have you with us

Nevada

Nov 29, 2013
Reno, Nevada
Thanks for the friendly replies folks. I think I'm gonna like this forum. Will post pics soon. Worked on it a little bit today. Replaced a bunch of the Chinese nuts with grade 5 and the engine case screws with grade 5 allen screws. Got the drive train pretty close to being dialed in. Did not need to use the crappy chain tensioner that came with the engine. I shortened the chain just the right amount then shimmed the back side of the engine block frame mount. Adjusted the wheel forward and backwards enough to get both chains tight without any chain contact on frame or tire. The spring loaded tensioner that's coming will do well as the chain starts stretching and coming out of adjustment a little. Winter is just around the corner so I'm in no hurry to get it up and running. Goal is to have the bike nicely dialed in and capable of 40mph by next summer. Not that I'll go that fast to often, but having too much power is kind of like too much money or too much sex. No such thing!

RedRider48

Nov 21, 2013
Severna Park, MD
View attachment 66047

A couple of weeks ago.
Hi,
..and welcome from me, I too. I'm new to all of this bike "go-fast-er" stuff, as well. I joined about a week ago. I haven't made up my mind as to a bike frame config, but, kinda lean toward the vintage stuff, like the "tankers". Also, having trouble deciding between the 2 & 4 cycle engines. All of my current 2 wheelers are 2 cycles, so, I know them pretty well.
Your bike looks greats and sense it will offer a number of thrills come next spring.
Yes, these guys have been very helpful.