New project: Harley Davidson Deuce 1910 Electra Glide

GoldenMotor.com

Leo Klepper

May 23, 2010
Netherlands
Two weeks ago I sold my 3 motorized bicycles (2-stroke 30cc). Now it is time for a new project. I'm going to (let) build a Harley Davidson Deuce 1910 "Electra Glide" model. It will have a 250W 36V frontwheel motor, 7 gears Nexus for bicycling, a carbidlamp and a rearlight with leds and a v-twin-look-a-like batterypack (consisting of 2 bottle batteries (photograph)). Inspiration is the photograph attached to this message. Anyone any tips?

Attachments

Leo Klepper

May 23, 2010
Netherlands
Last pictures of the final design: the cilinders contain the batteries, the electric motor is in the front wheel, all the lights are lighted with leds.

Plus a picture of the frontfork just after welding.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Leo - looks great. Are the bottle batteries 18 volt each? Are you building the bottle batteries yourself?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Beautiful build Leo! You've obliterated the presumption that ebikes always have to be "utilitarian looking" as that ride of yours is pure class (^)

Must be close to the "testing phase" & defo keep us updated with pics, reviews of the hub & batteries, range, speed, etc. - we need more ebikes around and yours is perfect inspiration :D

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Wow! Real nice vintage look you've gotten. If that does't turn heads when you ride by, nothing will. That's a very compact hub motor on the front wheel. Who makes it?
SB

Leo Klepper

May 23, 2010
Netherlands
The electric drive train i bought from Reliable Advanced Technology (RAT) in Noordwijk, The Netherlands:

http://www.rat-holland.nl/epages/61...Shops/61661998/Products/"005-LIFEPO4 36V10AH"

Range 70 - 100 km
Maximum speed 25 km/h
LED lighting, front
LED rear lights, with light on the displayer
36V/10AH LiFePO4 battery, 1500 rechargeable (highest quality)
Aluminum design, removable battery as well as bottle battery
Front wheel Motor 250 watts (powerful) including 28 "double rim aluminum, stainless 13G spokes completely assembled.
Disc brake, rear roller brake or motor (cassette screw 7/8 gear)
Aluminium luggage rack with adjustable slide
Controller integrated into the battery cradle
PAS sensor
Motor lightweight, small size and strong
Connectors (mini) cable to engine and front wheel so to disassemble.
Connectors for displayer and remswitches
Display Tiptronic 5-position adjustable and integrated battery indicator light
Remswitches with on off switch (the engine braking right off), integrated into the brake
Includes Charger
All cables are connected and the set is tested for operation, easy to assemble with instructions.
The set is fully complete and easy to build.
Pricing € 850,-

Leo Klepper

May 23, 2010
Netherlands
Re: Finished!: New project: Harley Davidson Deuce 1910 Electra Glide

At last the bike is finished! I had to be patient, but the result is very statisfying imho.

Specs:
Range 70 - 100 km
Maximum speed 25 km/h
LED lighting, front
LED rear lights, with light on the displayer
36V/10AH LiFePO4 battery, 1500 rechargeable (highest quality)
Bottle battery
Front wheel Motor 250 watts (powerful) including 28 "double rim aluminum, stainless 13G spokes completely assembled.
Roller brake
7 gears Shimano Nexus with tankshifter
Controller integrated into the battery
PAS sensor
Motor lightweight, small size and strong
Connectors (mini) cable to engine and front wheel
Display Tiptronic 5-position adjustable and integrated battery indicator light
Brakeswitches with on off switch (the engine braking right off), integrated into the brake
Charger
Speedometer
3 positions: bicycling, pedelec and electrodrive only
Brooks leather seat
Total cost about € 2.000,- ($ 2.650,-)

Attachments

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
WOW that came out real nice. I love it. How does it ride?

I notice you have the same headlight as i do, i just thought id warn you that while riding i lost the brass cap that sits above the round part of the headlight. You may want to check how loose yours is.