New Motor Siezed??? Plz Help

GoldenMotor.com

Willyam911

Mar 8, 2009
Houston, Tx
I just put together a new motor right out of the box. I have everything all hooked up and ready to go. Im gassed up and try to start the motor but it feels like the motor wont turn over at all. After I let the clutch out at a decent speed it brings me to almost an instant stop. I pulled the spark plug out and it doesnt smell like gas. I dont the the motor has turned at all since ive taken it out of the box. I dont know what else to do. Please help me.... lol

Attachments

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
After you let the clutch out and you stopped, were you able to squeeze the clutch and keep riding or did it still act siezed no matter the clutch position?

Willyam911

Mar 8, 2009
Houston, Tx
Even with the spark plug out and with the clutch out I cannot move the bike without the back tire skidding. If I pull the clutch in I can roll the bike fine.

Will

Willyam911

Mar 8, 2009
Houston, Tx
I am not sure I am going to be able to get a replacement since I bought the kit off eBay. It was a kit from boygofast and all the parts are new but after reading all the fine print again it reads that all sales are FINAL, so I may end up having to repair it myself. Any quick fix ideas?

-Will

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
I've read a few posts about customers not being happy with boygofast. I feel your pain.
I don't know anything about you, are you willing to take the head off the cylinder?
If it were me I'd start by taking the side cases off. I'd then look to see if the magneto blew up and jammed it up. I would then look under the right side to see if the gears on the clutch are OK. After that I would take the four nuts off the head and have a look at the cylinder and piston.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I am not sure I am going to be able to get a replacement since I bought the kit off eBay. It was a kit from boygofast and all the parts are new but after reading all the fine print again it reads that all sales are FINAL, so I may end up having to repair it myself. Any quick fix ideas?

-Will
If it's a BGF, you will probably be stuck with it.

As a next step I would remove the clutch cover on the right hand side of the engine. Also remove the magneto cover, and the clutch actuator, and the drive chain. With these covers removed, look for anything obvious. If anything looks cobbled up, it probably is; even though the engine is new.

If you have any doubts...take some pics and post them up.

The problem is either in the engine proper, or the countershaft assembly.

You will need to remove the small gear on the crankshaft. This will isolate the engine from the countershaft.

You will need this tool to remove the gear...PULLER It's the first item in the left hand column.

Once you have removed this gear you can determine if it's engine or countershaft related.

Jim

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Toytime,

Ya beat me to it...:D

We must have been typing at the same time...and thinking the same thing.

I just remembered that you were able to pedal with the clutch handle pulled...That takes the countershaft out of the picture.

Like Toytime said, check the mag and the drive gears. If they're O.K. it's on to removing the head and jug.

Jim

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
It really, really bothers me to hear what this poor guy is going through. I wish there was a way of making people understand that they are better off going with one of the sellers on this site. Unfortunately it looks like Willy bought the kit first and then found this place.
Here's hoping that this will not involve splitting his engine in half.

Jun 25, 2008
Don't you guys have selling regulations? over here all sales are governed by the Sale of Goods Act and if purchased over internet or eBay the Distance Selling Regulations.

If BGF had sold that kit in the UK, it doesn't matter how many terms BGF wrote, what disclaimers you had to agree to, under law he would be forced to offer a refund, repair or replacement as the kit was clearly supplied "unfit for purpose".
This law and consumer protection remains effective for 6 YEARS from date of purchase. If the seller was un co-operative, he'd be in breach of the law and you'd be able to sue in the small claims court (quick and cheap system for re-claiming) this is of course used within reason as you couldn't take a rotten tomato you claim was bruised back to the supermarket after 6 years and sue!

Seriously if all is looking bleak, get keyboard bashing on google as you must have a similar system. I'd be pretty flabbergasted if you didn't. Keywords "Unfit for purpose"

Last edited:

Willyam911

Mar 8, 2009
Houston, Tx
Ok I am going to pull all the covers off the motor tonight hopefully if I have time and I will take pictures and post them. Thanks for all the help.

-Will

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Don't you guys have selling regulations? over here all sales are governed by the Sale of Goods Act and if purchased over internet or eBay the Distance Selling Regulations.

If BGF had sold that kit in the UK, it doesn't matter how many terms BGF wrote, what disclaimers you had to agree to, under law he would be forced to offer a refund, repair or replacement as the kit was clearly supplied "unfit for purpose".
This law and consumer protection remains effective for 6 YEARS from date of purchase. If the seller was un co-operative, he'd be in breach of the law and you'd be able to sue in the small claims court (quick and cheap system for re-claiming) this is of course used within reason as you couldn't take a rotten tomato you claim was bruised back to the supermarket after 6 years and sue!

Seriously if all is looking bleak, get keyboard bashing on google as you must have a similar system. I'd be pretty flabbergasted if you didn't. Keywords "Unfit for purpose"

The laws exist, sure, but guys like me charge a pretty hefty sum to bring suit to enforce the regulations...and each side pays their own legal fees over here (al most always) regardless of who wins.

Jun 25, 2008
Over here it costs £50 to file which is tagged onto your total claim, no solicitors/lawyers are required or allowed, you can use an expert to help your case who's time and expense are sometimes taken into account and tagged on but this is rare.

The process is kept simple and informal to deter rogue traders. Have threatened some of our UK suppliers with this when they have supplied products "unfit for purpose" and refused to refund, but thankfully not had my bluff called.

I find your reply most perplexing...and sad.

Good luck Willyam911, you can certainly really on these fine fellows to help you out!

Last edited:

Willyam911

Mar 8, 2009
Houston, Tx
Ok I pulled the covers off the magneto and the other side and I couldnt find anything wrong but I dont really know what its all supposed to look like. I took a couple pictures of the two and am posting them to see what you guys think about it. I am guessing I will have to pull the head off of the motor next but Im hoping someone has another idea for me... =/

When I pulled the clutch in and rotated the drive sprocket I could see the disk inside of the gear moving. None of the parts of the magneto moved when I tried to turn the wheel with the clutch in or out. I noticed that the top of the magneto wheel was touching the top of the thing it sits in. I loosened it to see if that would free the motor up but it didnt so I tightened it back down. I dont really know what I am doing but I am doing my best lol

Thanks for all the help people =)
- Will

Attachments

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Looks like you found your problem. Remove the the mag. and see if it turns at that point.
Something looks bent big time but lets hope it's not the crank.