New Em3ev 50v Electric Bicycle Battery

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
We've been messing with the 50V 20Ah rectangular NCM version for over a year. Pleasantly surprised by the abuse the battery is handling. And compared to the Ping LiFePo, way more compact and a LOT lighter.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I have an invoice to get 10 of the triangle packs built and shipped with the cool 5A adjustable voltage charger to the US from EM3ev.

308 individual 18685 Samsung ICR 18650 cells configured as 14S 22P.
I love the 18650's, every one has it's own little controller in the base of the base at the - end.

I am waiting for the specs on the exact cell type Paul uses, but the specs for the whole triangle pack are:

50V 18.5 Ah 925 Wh.
58.8V, 5A 14S charger.

The 14S means the right charger to deliver the proper charge to 22 banks of 14 cells in series and the enclosed BMS decides which bank needs charging and balancing which the cells pretty do on their own.

In short a monster that will fit even in the smallest of V frame mountain bikes and a really good charger.

It comes with the bag too but you can do whatever you like with it as the topic author did and not use it.

This is a substantial investment on my part considering shipping from Hong Kong so I will consider offers over $795 for the complete battery and charger set plus US delivery of 15 pounds from Phoenix, AZ 85021 in advance.

You will also need to wait at least a month for delivery, but coupled with Sick Bikes $400 48V complete shifting electric kit to use your bikes gears we are only talking about ~$1195 for a totally kick ass electric system that will simply blow you away.

Contact me if interested in PM or my sites Contact Form before I buy as the price will jump $150 after they arrive but still be a bargain at that considering the specs.

I urge you to visit EM3ev.com and go through payment with delivery for the complete package to you for one unit and see the difference for one unit like this that will ship next day when they arrive from AZ.

I will only have 5 or 6 for sale as I am NOT in the retail sales business, I am just trying to save some money on what I want for my own upcoming builds and sharing the price score with you serious about doing a really kick ass shifting electric and then stick a fork in it.

Admins please show some patience with me with this post, I know it should go in the swap and shop and it will be when when I have them in my possession, this is more of an informative post about the the same system battery (I think), just way cheaper if we pool our money for huge discounts on not just the packs but the shipping and most certainly topic related.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Ugh KC, I wish you were offering some higher rated cells in smaller ah's! That's an amazing price and I may be contacting you in the next day or two. That's really cool what you're doing.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
no problem kc, just let paul know you heard about the batteries here, I am really happy with mine.
Actually 'Admin' Paul, I heard about EM3ev 'Hong Kong' Paul from 'SickBike's' Paul (Pablo) early last year when I had the special battery packs made for my shifting Adult Electric Trikes but I will let them both know you turned me on to the triangle pack and we talk about them here.

Then again they both know I tend to be active posting details of my builds with what I use and who I got them from because it's simply the right thing to do ;-}

Dan,
I don't have the exact specs on the cells or BMS back from 'Hong Kong' Paul yet but they range from ~1.6A to over 4Ah, I also don't know the C factor, which is sort of a multiplier to the Ah factor, but SickBikes Kelly controller and motor can take 1860W with bursts of over 100A and sustained over 30A so a frigg'n cool system for the money.

And don't discount Amp Hours, it is one of the most important measurements there is and you always want it as high as you can afford, at least as close to 20Ah is usually good for our use.
It's how you charge and discharge them that preserves their longevity.

Just for giggles and grins I was looking at extreme LI cells the other day day and found a bunch like this...

http://www.batteryspace.com/LiFePO4-Prismatic-Module-3.2V-100Ah-10C-Rate-320Wh-UN-Approved.aspx

A single 3.2V LiFePo4 capable of 100Ah with a C rating of 10 for 320Wh.
15 in series would give you 48V at 100Ah, put 10 of the series packs in parallel and you could power your house for awhile but at $170 a cell and their shear size you'd need a storage shed just to house them hehehe ;-}

I have done a lot of homework on electrics the last couple of years and when a new battery can pack even more in half the space as my trike packs like this one I shoved in a little mountain bike I'm in ;-}

That bike was and still is a monster electric 7-speed shifter, if you don't pay attention it will through you right the heck off the back with a wheelie.

And thanks again for the latitude here 'admin' Paul, I am a builder not a parts seller, but with just a few people here in the US that want a serious system to put on a serious mountain bike we can all score some serious savings to build our own personal monsters and you can bet I'll have one that I keep for myself this time, well unless the right offer comes along ;-}

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
lol you would get sick of waiting for me to do it, i am to busy playing with my electric bike and going to the beach to get anything done lol

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
lol you would get sick of waiting for me to do it, i am to busy playing with my electric bike and going to the beach to get anything done lol
Just smiles in knowing agreement.
I really value my free time and not what you call prompt even if I agree to make something special for someone else.
That does not include MB's of course, like you I am talking the little time consuming things you only make a couple of bucks on for your time and effort.

One solution is mark the price up so high you don't get many requests, but when you do it's worth the time and effort and do it 'tits perfect'.

Last edited:

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida
This forum is so artistic.

Admin' Paul has the coolest ebike battery case I have ever seen ! :)

Filled with a Cellman battery pack ! :)

Top that if you can ! :)

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
This forum is so artistic.
Admin' Paul has the coolest ebike battery case I have ever seen ! :)
Filled with a Cellman battery pack ! :)
Top that if you can ! :)
I am not familiar with a 'Cellman' battery pack but he sure did a great job with a custom small battery holder, that's for sure!

SBP Paul sells a kick butt electric shifting kit, as mentioned before it's all about the battery and charger after that.

For those of you with no money to spend or concern for specs this ad from gasbike/kings that just popped up in my e-mail this afternoon may be for you.

http://www.gasbike.net/500-Watts-El...t_affiliate_id=192">14-500W</a>

$179 delivered 500W 10 part electric motorized bike kit with battery.
I

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida
Cellman is Em3ev Paul. :) Famous for building high quality ebike battery packs using only the best cells. :)

In that cool custom leather bag ? Ebike battery heaven. :)

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
took my electric motorized bicycle out in the woods this morning to do some playing around, with the battery near the bottom of the bike like I have it the handling is the difference between night and day, I can go faster and turn fast. I can actually ride down the paths and considerably higher speeds then in the past, the bike is way more responsive to turns. only draw back is battery that low it gets a lot abuse from paths and roads, I have the leather well protected and water proofed and it is very thick leather. imagine I will clean often but its more then worth it, great fun, its like having a new motorized bicycle

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
battery pack has about 30 charges on it, i ride a lot and real happy with the battery. only advantage i see with the lifpo4 is that it is full charge till the end and doesn't slowly loose power as you run it like the lithium-ion battery does. the lighter weight and extra power with the lithium-ion though is worth it to me. i guess you can't have it all yet but new technologies are being invented as we speak. if i know i am going to do a long ride that will use up most of my battery i still put the lifepo4 on the back rack. it only takes a minute to slide it on and off the rack

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I have 3 EM3ev 50V triangle packs and matching adjustable voltage 5A chargers ordered and paid for.

Paul said about 2 weeks to get them built and tested so with any luck I'll get them before Memorial Day so I get this done.

CoolCruiser

Jun 15, 2012
Massachusetts
EM3ev no longer list any 20R battery packs on the site. I wrote to see if they would have them again but his anser was vague, he said he was looking into this and another possible high discharge option. The packs he currently sell don't meet the need for motors needing higher current.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I can't help with that question, all I know is I got my tracking number for my shipment of batteries and chargers this morning, ETA 6/6 ;-}

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
EM3ev no longer list any 20R battery packs on the site. I wrote to see if they would have them again but his anser was vague, he said he was looking into this and another possible high discharge option. The packs he currently sell don't meet the need for motors needing higher current.
The last conversation via email I had with Paul was the 20R batteries are a few weeks away which is a real bummer for me.

I don't want some pansy cells I want something I can have fun with so Ill either wait it out or maybe find a seller that I can trust for batteries and I doubt that will happen lol.

Anybody want a GM 48v 15ah battery for a great deal? Never been used!

Dan L.