new dyno

GoldenMotor.com

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
whats up dudes, its been a while. started makin another kruiser, now that im working again.didnt go to crazy with it, but its not done yet though either. still want to make a seat pan for it and have jeff( culver city classics) make the tank for in the frame. exhaust and couple other things

Attachments

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
whats up brotha's, kool to hear from ya guys,so lets see here, wheelbender this head i know was invented by the manic mechanic although it does say pirate cycles on it, im not sure if they bought the rights and are now producing them cause i did see the mm has a new design out with large cooling fins, so i thank both the manic mechanic for designinging and producing them, and to pirate cycles for stayin on edge and keepin us hooked up with kool parts we all need, and if pirate is now making them, thats kool, power to them. its a kool head, but heres the wierd thing, i got my motor kit from boy goes fast, and the motor i just got has the highest compression ive ever seen of any of the stock heads, furthermore, it has higher compression than the billet head, but the billet one looks awesome and i just left it on the motor instead of swapping the stock one to see how that one works( inever ran the motor with stock head). i also had to put my cylinder in the lathe and take ten thousanths off cause it was out of round( china). seriously everyone needs to stop buying chinese product, even if u need it or its cheap or whatever the reason, just stop buying china bull cause the quality is crap. everything we have in america is china, sure its cheap, but quality is so cheap its useless practicly, and so we are losing jobs and quality product of any kind, so can we all just say **** china.im done after this motor, from now on, im done with china. u know whats funny though, the dyno i have, its a qaulty frame unlike the walmarts, but its made in china. i pulled a belt gaurd of a harley the other day, and it said china- wtf, have all us americans lost our damn minds!!!!? this all goes back to bill clinton for the most part, but even before that.ya know i could go on here all day, and itll just be a big war, and contaversy, whatever, we all just need to do our part
member that commercial for henry fire arms where he empties everything thats not made in usa from his house, and in the end all he has left in his house is his rifle-lol its like that. anyways desens and binut the diamonds are indeed actually leds( china) 4 bucks each on ebay, i have them powered by a chinese battery( 9 volt), work good. il;lini rider, hit me up lets ride, the chinese grips are billet aluminum, got em off ebay 20 bucks, and dmanshep the motor mounts are actually handlebar risers. they only work on 7'8" seatpoles( actually 1") and i only used em cause one pirat cycles never has the mounts in stock for 5'8" offset for the 3" tire, and also they are 30 bucks over 130 bucks, so they work good. it acts as a pivoting motor mount. manic mechanic made some for this bike in the past, but getting him to do anything for ya will take forever, and honestly i dont really think he wants to for whatever reason it may be. sometimes ya just have to improvise and get stuff done yourself. but anyways, the grade 8 bolt snapped off in the block the otherday( i feel like ghost riding this whole bike down the alley-lol), so as soon as i get that fixed, im adding some badass speakers with a 6" i tough on the bars, and i have awicked trailer im working on for this bike, ill post pics as it comes along

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
little update why not, i siezed the new motor, im not really sure what happened on the bottom end but its done. maybey a rod bearing, nice chunks ended up in the combustion chamer killin everything including my new billet head. anyways, i put a replacement motor on, went to fire it up, couldnt get it to start, replaced the magneto fired right up.

Attachments

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
also, i took a pic of the led's at night so u can see em better, i think they remind me of cadilac lights, also i mounteda little dirk styled knife incase i get the late nite drunks messin with me again.

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
little update why not, i siezed the new motor, im not really sure what happened on the bottom end but its done. maybey a rod bearing, nice chunks ended up in the combustion chamer killin everything including my new billet head. anyways, i put a replacement motor on, went to fire it up, couldnt get it to start, replaced the magneto fired right up.
My BGF motor looked like that after a small end bearing failed.

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
a little update here. so i blew the bgf motor- found out it was a main bearing that let go. so i bought my sisters engine cause she really dont ride anyways. that motor is from daemon cycles outta canada. its a chrome motor, and im not sure which manufacturer the motor is mad by, but its a decent one( runs smooth and has decent power, however it has a slight noise coming from clutch. anyways, one of the head blot holes stripped out on me. i went to tap it to 5/16" but it was too small, so i went to 3/8" x 16t . the operation went well, although i hope ill be able to torque the bolts down to 12 lbs. without any of the threads letting go, otherwise im looking at a new block, cause there isnt much more room for a heli coil. while i was at it, i figure **** it, go all out, well almost all out. so heres what ive ordered. i started out after drilling and tapping the holes on the block, by moving to the jug. ive mildly ported the intake and exhaust ports on this used jug and slighlty filed the transfer ports so that they flow a little better. im gonna mill down the piston in a few days where it matches up to the transfer ports for better flow. another thing is, ive used the head off a bgf motor( the one i blew) and realized its even higher compresiion than the billet head from pirate, and since my billet head is out of commision for now, ive went with the stock head which is the highest of compression of all the stock heads ive seen yet( both straight and angle fire). as far as mods thats about it for now, but i have ordered some parts. one of which is that new kustom intake from cr machine. ill post pics of it as i build her up.also, the jug is off a raw motor i origonally purchased( my polished motor that siezed from harbor frieght 69 c oil) on the left is the bgf jug, on the right the slightly ported raw jug. on the last pic, you can see the difference in bolt hole size left stock(8 mm) right 3'8"

Attachments

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
update, i have most my parts for rebuld, tomorrow im drilling the bolt holes to 3/8" hopfully nothing cracks,and lightly honing the cylinder, i have all new gaskets painted the jug and head with rustoleum engine paint( no primer) have the new intake for it, damp pro, ngk 6 plug, grade 8 head bolts( 3/8"x 16t) teflon coated clutch cable with dice end, new fuel valve with 3 liter tank, waiting on x port for exhaust and billet air filter, ill be breakin her in again with vp racing 118 octane fuel, which is like none of the other race fuels ive seen, it smells like paint thinner, and when burned it has a unique sweet smell. check out the difference in size in the head bolts compared to stock. should be nice and tight. im torqing it to 14 lbs. w/ loctite.

Attachments

Last edited:

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
I'll be interested to know if you get similar results with the plenum intake to what I have. I like how the low to mid is much smoother now which is where I tend to run most of the time. I did find that I needed to de-burr the screw holes and clean out the machining oil with some IPA before I installed it so you might want to look close at those areas to avoid air leaks and contaminants.

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
Here is a thought. Just a thought since I don't know squat about those cheapo china doll kits. For an important engine, like a matching numbers car, We would get a sleeve put into the cylinders when they had to be bored out to much to have safe wall thickness. I also know they put cast iron sleeves in some of the better engines made in China. Why not do this with the cheapo engines and have possibly a good motor. Maybe not enough metal to have anything left after boring for the sleeve?

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
Yea, I know its not cheap. That's why, even 28 years ago, i only considered it for a numbers matching Chevell.

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
a little update here, that cylinder i did the work on, i cracked it today-lol! by puting it in a vice, and i barley put any pressure on it. no problem things happen, stay kool, i shoulda known that would happen, any ways ordered a new one from piston bikes. in the meanwhile i recieved my billet x port and air filter from jnmotorsbikes and it looks nice. got that billet look comin on lol

Attachments

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
update, i have most my parts for rebuld, tomorrow im drilling the bolt holes to 3/8" hopfully nothing cracks,and lightly honing the cylinder, i have all new gaskets painted the jug and head with rustoleum engine paint( no primer) have the new intake for it, damp pro, ngk 6 plug, grade 8 head bolts( 3/8"x 16t) teflon coated clutch cable with dice end, new fuel valve with 3 liter tank, waiting on x port for exhaust and billet air filter, ill be breakin her in again with vp racing 118 octane fuel, which is like none of the other race fuels ive seen, it smells like paint thinner, and when burned it has a unique sweet smell. check out the difference in size in the head bolts compared to stock. should be nice and tight. im torqing it to 14 lbs. w/ loctite.
VP smells like paint thinner because they use a lot of Tolulol, or Tolulene. It IS a paint thinner. It also has a very high octane rating. Most unleaded supreme gas uses it to raise the octane after TEL(Tetra Ethyl Lead) was banned as a fuel additive. You can add it to fuel yourself if you work out the octane ratio.

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
farout, got the motor together last night with a little luck, i had to drill 2 times over 3/8" to get the cyclinder to fit and the bolts to actually screw in. it was close but went well. had to drill the cylinder head and gaskets.everything is smooth. i used ultra grey silicone to seal evrything up, doesnt leak a drop anywhere. this intake system made the motor run super quiet!!! like at least a 30% reduction in noise. well see how she performs once the motor is broke in, and i have to compare with stock air filter so ill let ya's know. seems steady though when riding, builds power through out

Attachments