New build! Electric Jubilee!

GoldenMotor.com

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Soon to start building my next electric bicycle. A 22" men's Motobecane jubilee trails with a 48v500w rear wheel hub motor. When they get here I will post some pictures. I still need to order a battery pack for it but that will have to wait until next month. My other bike still works great but I'm wanting something a little more comfortable on long rides. I could take the battery off that bike but I rather get a new one. New everything for this one and use my other bike for backup/ extra ride.

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I'm thinkin LiFePO4 48v20ah. I'm going to try and center mount it somehow. We will see when it ( the bike and kit) gets here. First I have to come up with more money. Those things are expensive!

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Got the bike today and put it together. This bike is top notch, not one flaw, brakes and shifters set perfect out the box, wheels true, very high quality and rides great. My camera seems to have broken so pics will have to wait. This bike rocks. I added planet bike fenders and a (temporary) rack and trunk box. Still waiting for them to get my motor ready. This is who I ordered the hub motor kit from. www.cityecycle.ca

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Finally got my kit today. They sent me a front wheel kit instead of a rear wheel kit like I ordered. AND to top it all off...this front wheel kit will not fit the forks on my bike because there is not enough room to tighten the nuts! So much for the duel hub idea. I contacted the seller, They are going to send me a rear wheel motor ASAP! That is good news! Still waiting for my battery pack anyway. They included a very nice battery bag with this kit. Its a lot nicer than any of the other ones I have had. I put it on my other bike for a storage bag. I was told I would receive a charger but didn't. That's ok because I'm not using SLA batteries anyway. The wheel and hub motor looks great and is disc brake ready( none of my other hub motors are). Looks like I will be waiting a bit longer to get this bike going.

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I got my battery pack from conhismotor yesterday. Got my torque arm from ampted bikes. Still no rear wheel hub motor. That was the first thing I ordered and I paid an extra $110 for 5 day air shipping. 1 month later still waiting. I have the battery mounted. Turns out there is only enough room to center mount one battery pack. This one came with a much better charger and two connectors. Its a little different from my other battery pack. They look the same in the picture but there are small differences. I have received my camera I ordered but I'm still waiting for the usb interface cable so I can hook it to my pc.

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Yeah its the best. He's been selling them for a long time and they work GREAT. (update- it would seem amptbikes is no longer around and these torque arms are no longer for sale that I know of)

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
The only good part is I got an extra front hub motor for free. The bad part is I don't really need one. lol. Funny thing, the disk mount is on the wrong side of the wheel on the front one.crazy ( turns out the front wires come out a different side than the rear so I had to do some creative wiring to get the rear wheel they sent to work with the controller that came with the front wheel kit).

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Finally received rear end electric motor bike wheel with tire. Good thing they didn't include a sprocket or I wouldn't have to order one now. So, want to see?

Last edited: