Never seen this before - A 38cc 4 cycle, real axle mount kit that is NOT friction drive

GoldenMotor.com

VTG

Apr 11, 2019
Reactions: fasteddy

Myras Cato

Jul 3, 2019
I built one similar to this kit with a old 49cc 2 stroke motor and old steel plate I had lying around and mounted it on the rear axle exactly like the bikeberry kit man that was the funniest bike I ever had very fast and so easy to pedal and every were I went people would stop and ask me could I build them one lol.I sold it to someone(which I now regret) because I needed the cash at the time but now that I see that bikeberry has the kit with the mount that looks way better than the one I built oh baby I can't wait to get my hands on one, because again that rear axle kit was the best kit that I have ever had and believe me I have owned ever bicycle kit on the planet

djc722

Mar 29, 2024
I built one similar to this kit with a old 49cc 2 stroke motor and old steel plate I had lying around and mounted it on the rear axle exactly like the bikeberry kit man that was the funniest bike I ever had very fast and so easy to pedal and every were I went people would stop and ask me could I build them one lol.I sold it to someone(which I now regret) because I needed the cash at the time but now that I see that bikeberry has the kit with the mount that looks way better than the one I built oh baby I can't wait to get my hands on one, because again that rear axle kit was the best kit that I have ever had and believe me I have owned ever bicycle kit on the planet
Can someone explain to me what is going on with the transmission on the flying horse rear left drive kit..The motor rotates COUNTERCLOCKWISE at the centrifugal clutch.. COUNTERCLOCKWISE FACING THE REAR WHEEL WILL MAKE THE REAR WHEEL DIRECT THE BIKE TO GO BACKWARDS ,NOT FORWARD..That means the sprocket to drive the sprocket on the rear wheel will go clockwise. And from the left side the rear wheel will turn clockwise ..That means the bike will go backwards , not forward. The only way the wheel will go forward is to have two meshed gears inside the transmission / transfer case. It will reverse counterclockwise to go clockwise...There is no mention that the transmission will do this. There are no transmissions available that claim to reverse direction this way. Everyone denies having one. Sprocket to sprocket connected by chain still turns in one direction .It does not reverse..But two meshed gears lying flat in the transmission/ gear box will change counterclockwise to clockwise and vs vs.. And no one makes such a gear box.99.99% of these motors rotate counterclockwise at centrifugal clutch side.. So unless someone is turning the motors around and putting the clutch on front and yank cord on back these motors are going to turn the left side of the wheel clockwise and the bike goes forever backwards...With out " constant mesh ". gears laying flat inside the transmission/ gear box you cannot change rotation. direction..So explain to me how these kits are going forward mounted on the rear left
side. ?????

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Can someone explain to me what is going on with the transmission on the flying horse rear left drive kit..The motor rotates COUNTERCLOCKWISE at the centrifugal clutch.. COUNTERCLOCKWISE FACING THE REAR WHEEL WILL MAKE THE REAR WHEEL DIRECT THE BIKE TO GO BACKWARDS ,NOT FORWARD..That means the sprocket to drive the sprocket on the rear wheel will go clockwise. And from the left side the rear wheel will turn clockwise ..That means the bike will go backwards , not forward. The only way the wheel will go forward is to have two meshed gears inside the transmission / transfer case. It will reverse counterclockwise to go clockwise...There is no mention that the transmission will do this. There are no transmissions available that claim to reverse direction this way. Everyone denies having one. Sprocket to sprocket connected by chain still turns in one direction .It does not reverse..But two meshed gears lying flat in the transmission/ gear box will change counterclockwise to clockwise and vs vs.. And no one makes such a gear box.99.99% of these motors rotate counterclockwise at centrifugal clutch side.. So unless someone is turning the motors around and putting the clutch on front and yank cord on back these motors are going to turn the left side of the wheel clockwise and the bike goes forever backwards...With out " constant mesh ". gears laying flat inside the transmission/ gear box you cannot change rotation. direction..So explain to me how these kits are going forward mounted on the rear left
side. ?????
Watch that video there is a reduction transmission on the engine. It uses actual gears inside of it instead of sprockets roller chains.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
https://www.bikeberry.com/gas-engine-kits/bbr-tuning-38cc-4-stroke-rear-axle-engine-kit.html

I saw this on another website and was wondering about it. Looks really easy to mount and you don't need a chain tension device either.

I would think that it would be faster than a friction drive unit, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think the top/cruise speed would be for this?

Looks like BikeBerry just posted a video about how to mount the kit as well:
Never before seen???? Tells me you haven't been around motorized bicycles very long. Staton Inc use to sell them.