Need trashed cruiser parts

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I'm starting to collect parts for a winter project, I'm looking for some stuff.

1 pc crank Bottom bracket shell cut from any cruiser frame

Head tube and fork also cut from any cruiser style bike.

I have parts to trade or will purchase.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I have a boneyard full of dead bikes you could come over and just have but to cut 'em up and ship 'em makes little sense I think.

Try posting an ad on your local craigs list under bikes wanted and offer $10 for dead cruisers, check your local good will, and course the local bike stores and see what they have they would just give you.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I try all that stuff, freecycle, etc. We have tons of scams, oops semi legit charities that have an army of people around here who collect "donations" and the stuff usually gets sold for scrap, or gets put in a thrift store for only a few dollars less than new. Thanks, maybe that will help someone.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
OH,OH. giving away new parts? selling tools and machines? whats next bro... a ring? i'll miss you.. dennis

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Thanks SB, Jeff is sending out the tubes, now I'm just looking for a couple 1 or 1 1/2 fork steering stems of the same length.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I used to have a saved seller on eBay that had them for .99 each and 9.99 shipping but I can't seem to find it.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Troy,
I have two Schwinn forks pictured below. The brown one is from a 51, the other is probably 1960's. Fork leg length are not quite the same, but the steering tubes are of the same length. 1" outside diameter, the steering tubes are 6 1/2" long. The threads are not buggered and that section is 1 1/4" long. You're welcome to them. I gave some other forks to Curtis fox he might not be using and I still have a few donor bikes not yet dismantled.
SB

Attachments

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
SB
After looking at the forks on a bigger non phone screen it looks like they wouldn't work, seems I'm going to need a couple of the newer ones with the sleeve welded around the stem right below the crown race. Like the ones sold at the big boxes, here is a picture. I hope you haunt taken the grinder to them yet.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I haven't done anything to them. Figured I'd send the forks intact for you to butcher as you saw fit. Sorry they won't work out for you. I'd hoped to repay a bit your kindness to me. If you change your mind and see a way to make them work, let me know.
SB

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Guess they came today,got a call from the Mrs. While at work. Thanks Again Jeff.

I'm still lolling for 1- 1 inch stem, if anyone has one.