need some fashion help

GoldenMotor.com

lenny9651

Apr 7, 2013
florida
what do you think of this paint job, be honest, i can't decide. i when't with the classic hot rod black and red. is the red too much? is the red too red? i think i like it but i'm really not sure if the red chain guard is too much,keep in mind that it will have a red tank and maybe a red drive side chain guard.

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
This is mine.............red chainguard included...lol!

However, if you're talking fashion, that brown seat really sticks out.....jmo.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
It's a classic style for a reason.
It's timeless and beautiful. Any hot rod guy instantly recognizes the era and scene you're going for.
A few pinstripes really make it pop too! I'd paint the chain guard black and give the entire bike a classic, white pinstripe job. Maybe a white beaded seat as well...
Just my 2 cents.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I like it and most hot rodders will like but..........the important thing, Lenny, is that YOU like it. If it suits you, then it's perfect. :)

Tom

lenny9651

Apr 7, 2013
florida
thanks for the input. i tried the brown seat to give it an old school leather seat look, but i agree its not working, think the chain guard will go back to black also. xseler, nice bike, ever burn your leg on the exhaust??

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Red tank might make a big differance try and see before you repaint. Fit the motor as well then see................Curt

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
lenny- That's a pretty good looking gasbike!
I would like to suggest; Keep the seat, I mean man, that is cool. How about painting the chainguard the same color as the seat? Even if you have to pay to get a computerized color match- that's not spendy anymore, and you don't need much paint. Nobody else has it, and you might like it so much you do the handlebars, and engine, and...
As far as the look- classic.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I've said it a hundred times, so lets make it a hundred and one.
IT'S YOUR BIKE BUILD IT YOUR WAY.
hey brother, IF you like it thats all that counts. You can even buy chains almost any color you want. I think yer bike looks great, but my opinion don't matter either, build what YOU like then ride it with pride.

lenny9651

Apr 7, 2013
florida
thanks fat daddy, but i'm going to try to sell this one, so i'm trying to come up with a look that has a more universal appeal

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Love this look. How bout this: Paint the drive sprocket red to match the one on the wheel. Paint the guard black or alrernetly, black with a 1"red stripe curving up from the front then running straight back. And ya the brown seat gotta go. Carefull bout mentioning sales. Your thread might just end up in Shop and swap. You going 2 or 4 stroke on this un?

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Better. I would put 9" riser handlebars on it if it was me, just a suggestion. A lot of people ( short people) like to flip their bars over upside down, it looks cool.

lenny9651

Apr 7, 2013
florida
i flipped them on the last cruiser i build, they did look cool, these bars are from a mountain bike, i thought they looked cool and they weren't chrome so i could paint them black