need help please!

GoldenMotor.com

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
hey Norm got a real puzzler here...

today as I was comin down a hill with my clutch engaged (lever in) some azzmuncher in a big truck thought itd be real funny to get close and blast his airhorn and startle me- causing me to "pop" the clutch, my engine raced for a second, pulled clutch back in, slowed down then tried to engage the engine, it made a weird noise like the chain came off so I pulled the clutch in again- SHE DIED ON THE SPOT AND REFUSES TO BREATHE AGAIN!?!

I have spark, I'm gettin gas, disconnected the kill switch just in case, seem to have adequate compression... IN FACT SHE'S BECOME EXTREMELY HARD TO PEDAL WHEN TRYING TO START NOW?

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
check your chain tensioner and chain alignment....engaging the clutch hard like that puts alot of strain on the tensioner....just an idea for you...dont know if thus helps

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
check your chain tensioner....dropping the clutch that hard could have bent it....can you turn the motor over by hand, use the plug socket to turn it over....but it kinda sounds like your tensioner is messed up

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
not an alignment issue, I use two tentioners, the stock one, and a spring load, to manage the slack -runs very smoothly this way, especialy diminishes the low end chatter-

can anyone tell me more about the timing key? I def' believe it's this or something simillar internal to the engine...

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
hey guys, sorry for the manic posting and all, its just that this bike is my only source of trans' @the moment& not meeting any of the normal prob'-solut' perameters I guess I AM freaking out a bit!
please forgive my impetuousness, ...and still help?

FlyingSchwinn

Oct 5, 2010
Oregon
I recently got frustrated at my bike going down a hill and released the clutch and popped the retaining pin for the lever at the housing out. I think your drive shaft broke and is the reason why the motor seems frozen. Your going to have to pull out the assembly and see. I always have back up trans, like a big truck with a loud horn ahhhh!~!

Good luck, it wont be hard once you have the parts.

yendorrodney88

May 5, 2010
campbelltown nsw australia
not an alignment issue, I use two tentioners, the stock one, and a spring load, to manage the slack -runs very smoothly this way, especialy diminishes the low end chatter-

can anyone tell me more about the timing key? I def' believe it's this or something simillar internal to the engine...
Hi halfevil333,is you clutch engaging or are you getting nothing at all,if so maybe your woodruff key has come out which holds the small gear,if it has come out it,when you open the casing(clutch side its a small half moon shaped piece of metal)it will be sitting there maybe behind a dab of grease)if thats it you will find some good threads about it just a thought goodluck yendorrodney88

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
Hi halfevil333,is you clutch engaging or are you getting nothing at all,if so maybe your woodruff key has come out which holds the small gear,if it has come out it,when you open the casing(clutch side its a small half moon shaped piece of metal)it will be sitting there maybe behind a dab of grease)if thats it you will find some good threads about it just a thought goodluck yendorrodney88
I.ve checked that little bugger, and its fine-goin crazy tryin to figure this out...

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
I recently got frustrated at my bike going down a hill and released the clutch and popped the retaining pin for the lever at the housing out. I think your drive shaft broke and is the reason why the motor seems frozen. Your going to have to pull out the assembly and see. I always have back up trans, like a big truck with a loud horn ahhhh!~!

Good luck, it wont be hard once you have the parts.
if this had happened my piston wouldnt be goin in time with the wheel would it? -I pulled my muffler off to have a look thinking the same thing but piston moves fairly smoothly up &down...

FlyingSchwinn

Oct 5, 2010
Oregon
What do you mean about the piston going with the wheel? The sudden stress put on the drive assembly caused something to give. You need to pull the thing apart to see what it is. If your piston is moving then its not the rotating assembly, but something after. There is a diagram of how the clutch mechanism works on here somewhere. These engines are simple enough to disassemble so get to it.

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
What do you mean about the piston going with the wheel? The sudden stress put on the drive assembly caused something to give. You need to pull the thing apart to see what it is. If your piston is moving then its not the rotating assembly, but something after. There is a diagram of how the clutch mechanism works on here somewhere. These engines are simple enough to disassemble so get to it.
ie: I was confused thinking that since the piston still seemed to move freely (no snags or grinding sound) when I pulled the plug out & turned my back wheel- that the drive ass'y was in good working order...
however I have pulled the jug off and there is definitely something amiss- two tiny chunks of metal and a deep gouge in the cylinder!