Need a new top end.

GoldenMotor.com

Sharksfan

Nov 28, 2009
San Jose, CA.
I am looking for a complete top end re-build kit. Piston, rings, cylinder, head... etc. Is there any one now who sells these? Now that Spooky is out of business I am finding it hard to find one dealer who has all of the parts at a REASONABLE price. PLEASE HELP. With out these parts I will never make the Death Race in April.

rob.smith

Oct 1, 2011
sd
I'm also in need of a new top end for my skyhawk gt5. If anyone has an old used one that they wouldn't mind getting rid of i'd take it off yer hands.
.shft.

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
i have a top end for a jet 66...i also have a bottom end but it needs work.not all top ends work for all bottoms...i found that out the hard way.bought a dax 66 bottom end and my piston bikes/bgf top wont work.it might if i swap out the piston rod but i dont want to crack the case.the stroke is just a hair too long!

zpt

rob.smith

Oct 1, 2011
sd
i have no idea what parts are compatible with others so i don't think i'll be able to take any of your stuff, thanks though dakota! hey you wouldnt happen to be from either south or north dakota would ya?

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
i have no idea what parts are compatible with others so i don't think I'll be able to take any of your stuff, thanks though dakota! hey you wouldn't happen to be from either south or north dakota would ya?
no I'm in St.louis.the biggest problem i have found with compatibility is the length of the rod..seems like you can replace the rod with the correct length and be fine???someone correct me if i am wrong.

rob.smith

Oct 1, 2011
sd
alright maybe i'll look into that. the only reason i'm on here and not just buyin the new stuff from the website is cause i'm all outta money so i wanna be sure it'll work before i go throwin what i have left around.

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
alright maybe i'll look into that. the only reason i'm on here and not just buyin the new stuff from the website is cause i'm all outta money so i wanna be sure it'll work before i go throwin what i have left around.
not realy sure if i want to get rid of it yet.i could buy another case and get it going again then i would have 2 motors.not sure how to open one of these up yet.the problem is a broken mount stud that was drilled out wrong..probobly an ez fix for some guys on here but not me at the moment.

rob.smith

Oct 1, 2011
sd
broke off a mount stud once and gave it my best trying to get it out of there. ended up braking 2 screw extractors in the stud and finally taking it in to a machine shop where they took it out for a pretty penny