My Super Titan sat to long, carb issues

GoldenMotor.com

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
Well I did a dummy and let my xc50s sit to long with gas in it. At first it didnt start so I figured out that it wasnt getting any gas. The jet was completely clogged. That got cleaned out. Ran but was racing at idle on slight choke then when the choke was off would sputter. No choke on it rides like a dream, but when you come to a stop it dies unless I give it a little throttle. Thought it was an air leak and took it apart again and sealed everything with permatex #2. The problem is still there. Me = confusdeded. The only thing I can think of is I have slow jet contamination. This is the next step for me unless you guys have something to add to my diagnosis. BTW If I remember correct my fuel mix adjustment is between 2.25 and 2.5 out, but that will be double checked at the same time as my slow jet. Thanks in advance guys, I know I havent been around in a while, just work and not much play.

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
gas = new. Here is a new problem. When I pulled the slow jet the o rings fell apart. Went to the Home Depot and got some that I thought would fit. One did, the other too big. Installed anyway without the first o ring; going from the bottom to top. Took about 10 pulls to start. When started I reved a couple of times and after a few it stalled. Tried to restart but no go. I think I have the problem solved... Call Duane and see if he has the right o rings for the 142f carb. BTW Yes I did clean out the jet.

ps yes I know those o rings from hd are going to fall apart due to the ethanol.

Last edited: