My New Build

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Still waiting on my intake manifold from AGK! The bike is a complete roller now. I ride around my neighborhood and make engine sounds!!! LOL

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Picked up my #41 roller chain yesterday and hopefully will get a chance to mount everything permanently in place. Still waiting on my intake manifold from AGK. Hopefully it will be in this week. I will also work on my custom exhaust as well.

My daughter is on spring break this week, so time for me to work on the build is hard to come by.....

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I decided to change my bars. The apes were cool and were actually comfartable to ride with, seeing how I am tall, but they were just too cumbersome. I keep my bike in the house, out of the weather, and it was just a beast getting it in the door. And, I couldnt route my cables and such the way I wanted to and have it look neat and clean....

20140320_200921.jpg

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Nice bike Mike! This mounting idea is far superior to other mounting techniques I think. Should strengthen up the belly of the bike plenty :) Keep the pictures coming...

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Well guys...I am still waiting on a few parts from AGK to arrive (fingers crossed). So, I tried my hand at welding and made a customish exhaust. I used the flange from the stock exhaust and then cut up some handle bars, grinded the welds, and painted her black. It's not the best, but it will do for now....

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

I think I may cover the exhaust in some header wrap....

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Well, I am back from Vegas! I am going to make another exhaust. The one on the bike serves its purpose, but the more I look at it, the more I hate it. I'm not the best welder and will be using left over handle bars, so....we will see how it turns out. Gotta love free!!!!

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
image.jpg

Here she is....99% complete. I just have to do some final detail work and I'm in the process of making a front motor mount. She runs good, real good! I cruised at 37 mph for a good mile with no issues at all!

But, I should have listened to everyone and just got the Noram cheetah clutch. The high stall max torque is a big piece of poop, but I was impatient and wanted to ride and save on money....now it's showing. Looks like I will be buying a cheetah this weekend!

I'm happy with my exhaust. I welded it myself using left over handle bars. My welds are not the prettiest, but it doesn't matter because I wrapped the exhaust in header wrap. Can't wait to start another build!

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
IMG_20140501_214921.jpg

Here is a little better picture with better lighting. I just love this bike. Fires right up on first pull every time. Rides like a dream, too!

Here is what is planned for her in the near future....

Front headlight - I have already ordered cafe racer style fork brackets for the headlight. The only thing left to decide is where to mount/hide the battery pack. I am thinking of either getting a toolbox from Pat at sportsman flyer (if it will fit), or utilizing the buggy clamps I have laying around and fab up a mount. The battery pack will need to be accessible as it will be rechargable.

Jackshaft disc brake - I already have the rotor and caliper. Only thing required on my part will be creative thinking on how to mount the caliper (according to CCC, lol).

Front brake upgrade - This is more of me being a typical man. The current brake setup works great, but as you know guys like things bigger. I was thinking of either going hydraulic, or a monster front rotor like this one
http://www.bicycledesigner.com/bike-parts/bicycle-brake/monster-disc-brake-kit---front.html

Clutch - YES, I should have listened to everyone on this forum. The high stall max torque SUCKS, but I was impatient. So, I will either be purchasing the Cheetah, or more than likely, the Bully from Pat at Sportsmanflyer.com

I will probably, over time, slowly upgrade visible bolts to high quality chrome ones and some other detail work. I mean, hey, I ride the heck out of it...why not have my ride looking goooooooood???? LOL

Oh, one other thing, in between my motor mounts I have some very bright LED's mounted. Looks AWESOME at night! I will try and snap a pic.