my new 79cc motor

GoldenMotor.com

fredric3144

Oct 22, 2012
lufkin tx
Just mounted my new 79cc motor runs great with one small problem can not get over 20 mph on it engine just seems not to be willing to go faster and still have more throdle left it just acts like the more gas I give it the more it bogs down . If I stay at about 18 to 20 mph it runs fine . Has good power up hills , good even idle speed just no speed over 20 mph . This is my second motor on this bicycle the first was a 50cc I wore it out almost lol decided to up grade .

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
These engines take several tanks of break-in before they reach full power. I wait until five or six tanks to start tuning for good power. Give her a chance!

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I was referring to the two stroke kit, sorry. I have no experience with your motor. I didn't pay enough attention to the OP

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
hmm lol to govenor but I will try the gas cap
The governor restricts the rpm's to 3600. When the governor is removed or dsconnected, the engine will make 5-6k rpm's. You should be able to go about 40 mph on a predator engine, so I'm guessing you weren't aware the engine had a governor.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Just mounted my new 79cc motor runs great with one small problem can not get over 20 mph on it engine just seems not to be willing to go faster and still have more throdle left it just acts like the more gas I give it the more it bogs down . If I stay at about 18 to 20 mph it runs fine . Has good power up hills , good even idle speed just no speed over 20 mph . This is my second motor on this bicycle the first was a 50cc I wore it out almost lol decided to up grade .
What size rear sprocket are you running? that can make a difference.

fredric3144

Oct 22, 2012
lufkin tx
thanks for the replys I found them helpful . I will go for a few short rides later this morning after the sun has came up lol One of the advantages of being retired at 66 is I do not have to follow everyone elses sleep paterns but I am not going to be doing alot of night riding either .