my motorized bike wont start!!!

GoldenMotor.com

The_Paper_Boy

May 2, 2011
CA
so this week i uncovered my old motorized bike to run it knowing it might not start because i have not taken it for a ride for about a month and when i tried to start it, it wouldn't so what i did was i first checked the spark plug which i knew that it needed replacing because it still had the same one that the kit came with, then i checked the ignition coil which was really beat up so i bought a new one too and with that i also bought a new kill switch because the rain got to my old one so it wouldn't work and the last things i did to it was i put on a newer carb, fuel filter, and fuel line

now i since i put on the newer carb, fuel filter, and fuel line i also went ahead and put on the new ignition coil on along with the new spark plug and kill switch and made sure all the wires were put together right (black to black - blue to blue - and the white wire to the red and yellow wire. that was how it was when it worked but even now it still wont start :-||

need help please

if you need any pictures of the bike please ask

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
First things first. Disconnect the kill switch. That will rule out the possibility of it buggering things up. They are well known for malfunctioning while brand new, right out of the "box".
You can stop the engine by using the choke or dropping the clutch while the engine is idling. The bike might jerk forward a little, but the engine has no choice but to stop.

Next, check if you have spark now.
If not, get back to us and we can work this out.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yup.
+1 on what OTHP said...
Old gas loses it's poop really quickly these days, especially here in Kalifornia!
May have even gunked up the carb.
AND, there may be rust and scale in the tank that has plugged up jets and such.

...What do you mean, "the coil was pretty beat up." Why???
a coil shouldn't get anything but dusty... or maybe road grit...

Get a new fuel filter on there ... before starting attempts!

Good luck
rc

The_Paper_Boy

May 2, 2011
CA
Any luck with it yet?
yes i just replaced magneto and a spark plug and now its running but i forgot to tightened the bolts from the frame to the motor lol and it almost tore the motor off the bike lol.duh.
so now i know what i need to do before i decide to go for a ride cvlt1