My First bike

GoldenMotor.com

nsanecopilot

Sep 28, 2014
orlando
I bought this already built by a teenager who made a lot of mistakes. Consequently It was wreaked at least 4 times before i got it. Basically a new engine not even broke in yet. The chain tensioner was the biggest problem as he used the spring type that didn't work the way it was mounted. If you look close you can see several holes on the lower frame.

Anyway i added new tires, grips, chamber, and a used front shock forks that had brakes.

I also have a new performance carb for it but the cable seems short to for it. It has a flat slide i am not sure about. any suggestions from you guys is appreciate

This is what it looked like when i got it.Yes that is masking tape!!!!!

http://s169.photobucket.com/user/insanecopilot/media/20141005_174613_zps106a6e07.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s169.photobucket.com/user/insanecopilot/media/20141005_174603_zpsd0eca978.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s169.photobucket.com/user/insanecopilot/media/20140926_174842_zps24a675cb.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

Last edited:

oldscool

Sep 4, 2014
tennessee
Hey nsane, don't give up on us yet.
Those 95 might be people like you and me,
new to this and dont have the wisdom to reply.
Also I think the veterans who have the answers
dont frequent this forum as much as us noobs.
:)

Powertool

Jul 8, 2012
Bradford,TN.
I bought this already built by a teenager who made a lot of mistakes. Consequently It was wreaked at least 4 times before i got it. Basically a new engine not even broke in yet. The chain tensioner was the biggest problem as he used the spring type that didn't work the way it was mounted. If you look close you can see several holes on the lower frame.

Anyway i added new tires, grips, chamber, and a used front shock forks that had brakes.

I also have a new performance carb for it but the cable seems short to for it. It has a flat slide i am not sure about. any suggestions from you guys is appreciate

This is what it looked like when i got it.Yes that is masking tape!!!!!

What , no pictures , no real details , hard to try to help ....

dnut dnut dnut

nsanecopilot

Sep 28, 2014
orlando
What , no pictures , no real details , hard to try to help ....

dnut dnut dnut

Ok i put the pictures back, i was ready to delete my account but had a change of heart as i was taken back by this. So i ask again, Does anybody here have any experience with the " performance" carb ? The stock throttle cable is too short. One person at another forum suggested removing metal extension coming off the perf carb, and force threading the one off the Nt carb to it. It is hard to find useful info on setting these up. The bike runs good right now but want to go faster. Thanks.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
How much too short is the throttle cable? Can you buy a little more reach by undoing a zip tie to give it a little slack? You can make up a new throttle cable if you can solder or you could order a longer cable from one of the vendors.
What "metal extension" are you talking about and what are you intending to "force thread"? I don't think force threading something sounds like a good idea. A better idea is a throttle cable of the right length. How about close up photos of the two carburetors and the routing of the cable? If you want detailed answers from people it is best to be very clear. Patience.
SB

BobbyT

Mar 16, 2014
Santa Maria ca.
I tried to see your throttle cable in your pictures but there isn't a good angle. If the cable becomes tight when turning left then it is to short. thatsdax has cables on their website.

nsanecopilot

Sep 28, 2014
orlando
You guys misunderstand me on the throttle. It is not the total length that is fine. The problem is that throttle cables have ends on them, One at the grip end.And one that retains the clip on the barrel slide. The problem is there needs to be longer cable, about an inch in relation to the sheath. But i think i got it figured out and will get back with results in a day or so.

HotRodRob

Apr 14, 2013
Western KY
The reason stock nt cable length is too short is because of the cable noodle on top of the R/T carb. The info about using the short cable inlet from the nt carb in place of the long bent one on the stock r/t carb is correct. You should NOT have to force thread anything though. They should thread right in and out fine. If that isn't the case then don't force it. You may be able to find a replacement nt cable inlet somewhere that does fit if yours does not.

Also, as said you can chop/cut and solder a cable and sheath to make fit. There are threads and videos on how to do this.

The other option is to get the proper length cable for the R/T carb which dax has and I'm sure you can find it elsewhere as well.

Hope this helps

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
nsanecopilot said, "The stock throttle cable is too short. " I wonder why we got the idea the cable was too short. But as you say, we are the ones who misunderstood.

A clear description of the problem and pictures showing it would have helped a lot, don't you think? People want to help; being clear helps them do so.
SB

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Making one is pretty easy. Just buy one of any length and cut it to fit. You will have to solder a little brass tube piece to the cut end.

That's why you need a new one, it has to be clean to solder. You will need to soak the cut end in acetone a couple of times to get the factory oil out. Then use acid flux and a torch to solder the little brass tube to the end of the cable.

Sometimes you just have to make it.

nsanecopilot

Sep 28, 2014
orlando
Ok thanks guys i guess i was a little vague. Anyhow i got the perf carb installed with the stock cable. I just removed the metal tube on the new carb that the cable runs thru at the top, and threaded the Cable guide and thumbscrew from NT carb. It gave me the necessary length. It runs but 4 strokes, and wont idle unless the mixture screw is all the way in. Guessing it needs a smaller jet. Have to order one. Pics soon. :)

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Once again pictures now would help. What "mixture screw" are you talking about? Have you tried changing the position of the C clip? If we could see detailed pictures of your carburetor and the throttle connection it would help give us a better idea of what you're doing and possibly offer suggestions. Some of the people here are very knowledgeable about these china girl carbs and could advise you.
SB

HotRodRob

Apr 14, 2013
Western KY
Ok thanks guys i guess i was a little vague. Anyhow i got the perf carb installed with the stock cable. I just removed the metal tube on the new carb that the cable runs thru at the top, and threaded the Cable guide and thumbscrew from NT carb. It gave me the necessary length.
Bingo! That's what I was saying to do. I have a couple R/T carbs an love them. They have very crispy clean idles and revs.

It runs but 4 strokes, and wont idle unless the mixture screw is all the way in. Guessing it needs a smaller jet. Have to order one. Pics soon. :)
What size motor do you have? More than likely you will need to rejet. They seem to be a tad rich from the factory. I believe the ones I got came with 70's in them. I didn't get any four stroke on my first one and I should be starting the other one in a week or so. If the jet that was in your nt didn't four stroke you can try that one in the rt to see if it helps any. Some rt's have 5mm jets and some have 6mm. Both mine are 5mm and it seems most are 5mm jets. All nt and speed carbs have 5mm jets. If that doesn't work several vendor carry jets. I would get a couple at least. They are really cheap so might as well get a few to find out what works best. Start off slowly going down by no more than two numbers(from 70 to 68 to 66 and so on). If a 68 cures the problems and your spark plug is a nice chocolate brown then you are good and no need to try the others.

nsanecopilot

Sep 28, 2014
orlando
Bingo! That's what I was saying to do. I have a couple R/T carbs an love them. They have very crispy clean idles and revs.

What size motor do you have? More than likely you will need to rejet. They seem to be a tad rich from the factory. I believe the ones I got came with 70's in them. I didn't get any four stroke on my first one and I should be starting the other one in a week or so. If the jet that was in your nt didn't four stroke you can try that one in the rt to see if it helps any. Some rt's have 5mm jets and some have 6mm. Both mine are 5mm and it seems most are 5mm jets. All nt and speed carbs have 5mm jets. If that doesn't work several vendor carry jets. I would get a couple at least. They are really cheap so might as well get a few to find out what works best. Start off slowly going down by no more than two numbers(from 70 to 68 to 66 and so on). If a 68 cures the problems and your spark plug is a nice chocolate brown then you are good and no need to try the others.

Thanks for the input. I pulled the jet and it has no markings so i don't know which one it is. JNMmotorbikes.com sells jet a kit i am going to order. That's where i bought the carb from. Going to put the NT back on for now until parts get here as it doesn't run good like this.

nsanecopilot

Sep 28, 2014
orlando
[/URL][/IMG]

It's amazing how much power you can get just by opening up the intake manifold and chamber! The cheap chamber has a small round intake to match a larger oval exhaust port. I didn't take a pic of that but opening that up a little made a real difference. 35 mph thru the local radar detector mounted on a pole with a 44 tooth sprocket, and me 220 lbs. This is with the NT carb.

nsanecopilot

Sep 28, 2014
orlando
The bike is noticeably punchier, with more top end an mid range. Also broke in now. Chain is rubbing against the tire a bit, If i align it away from the tire it comes off the sprocket. Spending time with that tomorrow. Wish my parts i ordered would arrive because my new center stand would aid in this...brnot

nsanecopilot

Sep 28, 2014
orlando
Oh almost forgot... I want to put a 36, or more likely 40 tooth rear sprocket for a little more crusing speed. I want to use one of those machine aluminum sprocket adaptors, but i dont know which hub i have to order the right one that fits. Its a huffy panama jack. How do i tell which one i have?

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]