my "custom" exhaust video

GoldenMotor.com

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
i rigged up a muffler if you will for my 49cc 4 stroke, i wanted a bit more power and the stock pipe is to restrictive, but unlike a 2 stroke running without a baffle and decent back pressure will fry the exhaust valve, so i rigged something to provide just enough back pressure but to be more free flowing than stock, so far im liking it! i know it looks like crap and i am working on it, i bought a buncha stuff today. anyways let me know what you think

YouTube - custom exhaust on 49cc 4 stroke

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I really like it as is. Can't get much more DIY lookin' then a pipe and a can with holes in it. Does sound great too. How many cans did you experiment with?

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
I really like it as is. Can't get much more DIY lookin' then a pipe and a can with holes in it. Does sound great too. How many cans did you experiment with?
i used 2 cans, the first one i kept drilling a hole until i began to lose power, than i just made another one with one less hole in it, im painting it all and putting better mounts, but it will still be the can!!

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
There is no exhaust valve or any valve in a 2-stroke,but i think you meant fry the piston or burn a hole in it.
You are right there are no valves in a 2 stroke except mayb a reed vlave depending on the engine but yes our china girls have no such thing, but linix is runnin a 4 stroker so yes he has valves to burn .wee.

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
you should see it now! i got the entire engine painted light blue, except the red engine shrouding, so red and blue, it looks amazing! i got the muffler all neat and tidy, i will post pictures when it dries.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
really is a cool thunk Linnix. Gonna try it on a HF. I really enjoy the looks of "funky" and out of the box stuff. We are soon to be making the whisper drive for 50cc's. That is gonna look cool with a can muffler. Sort of steam punk meets old world, meets rat build.

Did you check out the Juice can, gas tanks? Those guys made some art!

Dunno How far up Dundas is, but we have a get together in the spring in CT. Might be to far from ya to come, but try to make it. Is a great time.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Forgot to ask what sized drill bit you used?

Be funny and I am gonna try it. Cut the can in half and slip radiator hose over the halves. Secure with hose clamps and leave space. As the hose expands and contracts, would make a "thump-thump" sound, lol

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
really is a cool thunk Linnix. Gonna try it on a HF. I really enjoy the looks of "funky" and out of the box stuff. We are soon to be making the whisper drive for 50cc's. That is gonna look cool with a can muffler. Sort of steam punk meets old world, meets rat build.

Did you check out the Juice can, gas tanks? Those guys made some art!

Dunno How far up Dundas is, but we have a get together in the spring in CT. Might be to far from ya to come, but try to make it. Is a great time.
hey there is no way i can make it that far, my poor old beater car will overheat. im way up in ontario so i will map quest it, were having a get together hosted by 80ccmotorboys some time this spring/summer. maybe you can come to that? pm me your address(or the address of the get together) and i will mapquest it, what day is it? thanks

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Thinking the end of May. Area code is 06109 in CT. Google Maps Last year was a blast! MBers are just fun to hang out with. Was just talking to flyby taco and said never met one I didn't like. All seem to be cut from the same crazy, lol.

Carol and I would big time be up for a road trip up that way. If they do have the rally, please post. last time we went up to the great white North, was visiting a guy who's nic is "TNT" Border guard asked if we knew his phone number. I handed him a slip of paper that said "TNT **********" LOL. Yes they did search the car, us and our little dog toto too. (Kidding, we didn't have a dog)

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
Thinking the end of May. Area code is 06109 in CT. Google Maps Last year was a blast! MBers are just fun to hang out with. Was just talking to flyby taco and said never met one I didn't like. All seem to be cut from the same crazy, lol.

Carol and I would big time be up for a road trip up that way. If they do have the rally, please post. last time we went up to the great white North, was visiting a guy who's nic is "TNT" Border guard asked if we knew his phone number. I handed him a slip of paper that said "TNT **********" LOL. Yes they did search the car, us and our little dog toto too. (Kidding, we didn't have a dog)
im sure there will be a get together, pm motorboys he has all the info, but i will be going for sure.

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
who lives in Dundas i use to work in that area did delivery for sear out of stoney creek but we cover the whole area Waterdown, Dundas, Hamilton and so on im from Brampton and im looking for people yo ride with if you guyz know a get together in the summer im so down i dont drive so hopefully its a bit closer this way but id love to c some of the diffrent bikes and meet some of you guyz

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
who lives in Dundas i use to work in that area did delivery for sear out of stoney creek but we cover the whole area Waterdown, Dundas, Hamilton and so on im from Brampton and im looking for people yo ride with if you guyz know a get together in the summer im so down i dont drive so hopefully its a bit closer this way but id love to c some of the diffrent bikes and meet some of you guyz
hey im in dundas! i would love to get together sometime and go for a ride,

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
its nice to c people around in my area i use to ride my bike (2008 ls 650) up there all the time up and down the escarpment just north of hamilton threw dundas it was quite beautiful now im short about 600cc but its still fun id like to come out there its just a long mb ride in the summer if i do a shifter kit and b able to hit like 70km (fingers crossed) i might make a long trip up there im gonna have to get a nice big fat seat :D

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
its nice to c people around in my area i use to ride my bike (2008 ls 650) up there all the time up and down the escarpment just north of hamilton threw dundas it was quite beautiful now im short about 600cc but its still fun id like to come out there its just a long mb ride in the summer if i do a shifter kit and b able to hit like 70km (fingers crossed) i might make a long trip up there im gonna have to get a nice big fat seat :D
well im going to take my g2 test tomorrow, and if i pass i already have a car waiting to be driven so maybe i will come on down! im going to build a rack for my car that will hold my dirt bike anyways im sure my bike will be fine,(if the stupid paint will ever dry, you have no idea how long paint takes to dry in this weather)

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
i just made a stainless exaust and adapter for a k&n filter for my 97cc lifan , its pretty loud , gonna have to fab up an internal baffle for it , before that i was using a $6 screw on lawn mower muffler from princess auto , worked pretty good . there are 2 sizes the smaller one was way quieter . canadian tire has the too

karma1968

Oct 6, 2009
hamilton
Respuesta: my "custom" exhaust video

motor boys should post where this get together is going to be at. there a lot of cc riders in Hamilton that probably would show including myself. more business for them :)

love the muffler heh

cheers

Last edited: